VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full review SSDI CDR- with TDIU P&T

Rate this question

13Bcannoncocker

Question

I've been on SSDI for 3 years. And rated TDIU P&T for 2 1/2 years. I received the long form CDR about 2 weeks ago and I'm scheduled for a Mental exam this coming Friday. My adjudicator seems like a real sour person. She wont return voicemails or even answer the phone the last 4 days. Last  I spoke with her she said she got little to no records of my treatment in the last year. I gave permission for them to collect all my information and even attached my TDIU P&T award letter. I'm not looking forward to the exam, its the same person who did my first exam on my SSDI claim that was denied. Not sure if he had anything to do with it or not. All I know is I've continued treatment and my conditions have only gotten manageable to an extent due to the fact I'm not working, but its still a continuing struggle to keep it together. My questions are;

Is this exam normal for someone who is unemployable and rated permanent and total?

Is there anything I should be prepared for?

What should I do if they deny my benefits? 

Thanks

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Sorry to hear of it bud. Yes, it is normal. I am 100% P&T and VA pays my wife on the Highest TIer to be my Full Time Caregiver. I was granted SSDI in 2014 at age 32 in 7 weeks, which is very fast for Texas. Back then I had to do the Mental and Physical exams which I think are just as Nerve Wrecking as C&P exams. Well back in June was my 3 yr mark and I was giving the Long form as well. I printed out everything, along with my current Brain Scans, MRIs, Diagnoses and Medication. Just had back surgery a few months ago, and going to have shoulder surgery soon. Submitted all the Evidence in June, and Received word in September or October, cant remember, that my SSDI would continue. I know it is so stressful, just go in there be honest, and have all your evidence bud. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thank you for the reply Navy04. It’s good to know that it’s more of a formality for the CDR full reviews. I think our age probably triggers an automatic full review. I’m 33. 

I get so frustrated with all these reviews, one of main diagnoses is Agoraphobia. Go figure right!? At any rate I’m sure I’ll be a hot mess in the review there’s no faking what I have. I’d just hate to get someone who is just pushing paper and doesn’t care. I know Social Security is just as bad if not worse with medical records as the VA. That really concerns me. I will post an update on how it goes. 

Thanks! 

In the last 2 years, I was made Permanent Retired by the Navy, 100% Permanent with VA in 2016, and SSDI review 2017, so believe me I know about this stressful crap the Govt puts us thru. Good luck

My hearing is in two days talked about stressed out... I was only made P and T by the VA when awarded IU in 11/2016 and then 100 scheduler P and T May of 2015. So I don’t know what they think Theres left to hand there flag for another denial but I will see 930 AM Tuesday morning 

I think mine went about as good as it can go, 'it's over' haha geese I hate those they ruin my home life for weeks. Now I just have to wait for the dang letter to arrive, who knows how long they'll keep me waiting for it?.. 

Hopefully yours went well? I will post my letter results as soon as I get it. Good luck to you and Happy Holidays. 

Ok I received that letter yesterday... Thank goodness everything is continuing. Maybe since it was my first review they automatically go for a full review? In the world we live in today I would agree for them to do that, even know it was very frustrating and literally ruined the holidays for me. I’m grateful that it is over, well for now I suppose and that everything is continuing. Total turn around was right around 3 months.