VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Received an Invite to Participate in RAMP?

Rate this question

4mydad

Question

Hi Everyone,

My dad was awarded 100% in April 2016 and I submitted a NOD in August 2016 to appeal the effective date.  According to the VA website, the RAMP program will "invite" those who are currently in the appeals process.    Has anyone on here been asked to participate?  

Thanks,

Beth

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I was not familiar about RAMP until I read your post and looked it up. If you have had problems with your VARO screwing things up, RAMP might be a tempting option. Please keep in mind that regardless of going through the VARO or the BVA, appeals sometimes can take years. With the NOD being about 19 or 20 months old, it might be worth waiting a bit longer at the VARO level. They might get it right. And if they don't, then the BVA will still be an appeal option.

Thanks for the input!  After speaking with someone at my VARO, it looks like the RAMP program is working on the oldest appeals first . . . which is fair.  It will slowly become more and more available until it is fully launched in February 2019.

I will be happy to update on this wonderful site as I find new info.  

I also heard of a new program that is being launched today . . .I will post about that too. (hopefully the training for VSOs will improve if you are required to use one to be part of this program.)

VA Decision Ready Claims Program Expands to Include More Types of Claims

WASHINGTON — As part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) ongoing efforts to modernize and improve Veterans’ experience with the disability claims process, VA unveiled its latest enhancements to the Decision Ready Claims (DRC) program, which will expand the pool of Veterans, surviving spouses and service members eligible to participate in the program. 

“These enhancements are another key step in modernizing VA’s benefits delivery to Veterans to a fully digital operating environment,” said VA Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin. “With electronic claims processing as a foundation, VA’s innovation will improve service to Veterans, their families and survivors.” 

In addition to claims for increased disability compensation (commonly known as claims for increase), Veterans will now be able to file certain claims for direct service connection, presumptive service connection and secondary service connection. Additionally, surviving spouses will be able to file certain claims for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, and transitioning service members will be able to file pre-discharge claims less than 90 days from leaving the military. Veterans who choose to submit their claim under DRC can expect to receive a decision within 30 days from the time VA receives the claim. 

To file under DRC, Veterans must work with an accredited Veteran Service Organization (VSO) representative, who will ensure all supporting evidence — such as medical exams, military service records, etc. — is included with the claim submission. This advance preparation by the VSOs allows claims to be assigned immediately to claims processors for a quick decision. 

In the future, VA aims to expand the DRC program, where possible, to ensure more Veterans can get faster decisions on their claims. For more information about DRC or to find an accredited VSO representative, visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/DRC.asp.                                                 

###

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds promising. Good luck!