VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans on or waiting to get IU ( Trouble) maybe looming

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

check out ben kruse site

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2017/12/11/individual-unemployability-cuts-way-team-trump-quietly-rolls-obama-admin-initiated-cuts-severely-disabled-veterans-harmed/?inf_contact

For veterans receiving IU or awaiting on a claim.

Are we going to have to go through all this again?

:Source Disabled Veterans.org

Edited by Buck52

I appreciate the honest approach,  would have missed this since it was not on my email alerts I get. I also think this article give a better perspective of  HOW  the other side is thinking . 

I am one to want to know all the good & bad - so that I can  plan.

I read this 3 times - It is unsettling BUT - I will continue to be vigilant in saving my money in case it were to happen. I am 70% /TDIU one dx  and as mentioned before it is always on the chopping block. 

I also will continue to be proactive and email Senator- White House monthly. 

Best regards,

L

This is exactly why I don't listen to VSO's when they told me over and over not to file any more claims when I got my IU PT, I was 70%,   I didn't quit and filed for other crap I hadn't filed for that was in my medical records that I was being treated for as well as an increase on things that had gotten worse and ended up with 100% PT schedular with some SMCs as well.  I don't trust the VA at all, nor our government to do right by any of us, and IU veterans are some of the most vulnerable of us all as we cannot work.  I still cannot, the schedular didn't mean squat as far as me being able to work, I will never be able to work..........and I think it is beyond reprehensible that any politician would go after any IU veteran's extra schedular income..  disgraceful.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree

makes no sense they give the IU for veterans that can't work because of there S.C.  Disability & make them P&T  & Even state ''this veterans s.c. disability is chronic in nature and not expected to improve in his/her life time & no future exams scheduled.''&they want to increase the budget by taking it away??? grrrrrrrrr

no matter if the vet was 60%70&90% if he can't work he can't work.  that's what TDIU is all about to help the Veteran get by and live some what comfortable.

Ok when the VA implemented this TDIU it was a very good thing for a lot of veterans that could no longer work, RATHER 100% Or at a under 100% with a combined rating, the point is if this veteran can't work  he can't work  period.

now they want to take it away to increase the budget....I think Not.

It is ridiculous to even be consider by the Trump administration/or the Obama Administration. and rather  disrespectful to all veterans.

if they want to do good for IU Veterans and 100% scheduler vets   How about a increase and not be taking away the veterans well deserved benefits.

I think what started this whole damn thing is  for some veterans their disability can't be see visually  and people like Dr's and the Authority's IN CONGRESS have a greater disrespect for that alone and feel like the veteran was over rated  and now they want to change that.

They just need to leave all us alone and change that damn  dreadful worrisome stressful 20 year rule...what about a 10 year rule...if a veteran don't improve with his S.C. Disability  after 10 years  then make that veteran worry free and let him/her go on living out their life as they can.

Its a damn shame our Goverment is even thinking about doing something as erotic as this.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

My disability cost me the most productive years of my life work-wise.   I was maxing out my IRA and 401-K contributions and that was almost 16 years ago.  I lost out on SSA,  OPM Pension, and personal savings and investment opportunities.  This is why I think TDIU should be a permanent rating.  Once you are TDIU almost no one ever goes back to work and the VA knows it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I Certainly agree with ya John999

An addendum to this ongoing conversation: recent excerpt from VA Watchdog.....  VA Watchdog.org 

Total Disability Individual Unemployability - TDIU

Jim, AMVETS (@AMVETSHQ) tweeted at 2:02 PM on Tue, Dec 12, 2017: As of currently, this amended rule regarding Individual Unemployability (TDIU), a benefit that thousands of #veterans rely on, is set to be implemented January 8, 2018.

Sir, Can You PLEASE help me , What Can I do to Fight This New Law that Trump Is trying to take away My IU , WHo can I write ? call?  What can we do? 

The 2 brief emails above represent the dozens of messages I get each day about the TDIU benefit and the rumor that the TDIU benefit is being taken away from us. Here are the facts.

The TDIU benefit is a shortcut of sorts that will take an otherwise ineligible veteran to a 100% rating. The rule is meant to supplement the income of veterans who are unable to work at gainful employment (full time employment) because of service connected disabilities. It is not a retirement benefit.

Every year right around federal budget time some random politician will signal a move to eliminate the TDIU benefit for veterans who are eligible for the Social Security retirement benefit. The theory is that to allow both benefits is double-dipping, yada yada. The discussion always disappears with no action.

This year is different because of the Trump administration and their seeming goal of taking away all earned benefits from everyone.

But it isn't happening. The event that happens January 2018 has almost nothing to do with TDIU no matter what you've read. 

Keep in mind that you're on the Internet. There are tens of thousands of trolls and other shady characters who are desperate for your attention. One way they get your attention is to use what we refer to asclickbait. If we tell you that your benefits are in danger, whether true or not, you're more likely to read the rest of what we publish. In other words, we can lie to you and instill some fear into you and by controlling your emotions, we have an engaged viewer for our web site.

We don't do that at VAWatchdog. For over a decade, we've been the web site that veterans turn to for credible, factual news about their benefits.

Your TDIU benefits are safe today. Nobody is coming for you. Be careful what you pay attention to on the Internet.

Have a Merry Christmas...enjoy your holiday knowing we're here working for you.

Please feel free to comment down below.

/s/ Jim Strickland

All you ever wanted to know about the TDIU benefit is here. Yeah, there's a lot of reading to do but if you want to learn the facts about TDIU, you'll just go ahead and click it.