VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just would like to know

Rate this topic

auenone

I think I need to uncomplicate, for me,  my  question from before. To make it more to the point, I filed (according to VA) on 04 May 2015 and the award was given on September 20 2017. The award was for 30%. Approximately how much should I have received monetarily for the reward? I count 28 months. 

Thank you for any help. And thank you Carlie for all of your posts over the years. Accurate and to the point.

Edited by auenone
Add a thanks to Carlie.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, we can not calculate from the information given.  I can understand your desire to "uncomplicate" but VA wont do that.  

You cant "just" multiply the current  100 percent times 28 months.  You have to figure it at the "old" rates, not the new rates, which usually change each year.  

Further, you have to deduct monies already received.  Its a complex process, further complicated by your dependents which can also change, such as when a child reaches age 18.  You pretty much need to figure out each month seperately then add it all up.   

Remember, too, that you may be counting one month too many, a common error among Vets.  Your compensation begins the first day of the month FOLLOWING your effective date.  That is, if your effective date was Jan. 15, 2017, your payments would not start until February, 2017.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Assuming you just was Awarded  this 30% first time claim? nothing paid out to you before this?

Depends on how many Dependents you have.

28 months of 30% retro is a good hunk of change.  especially with two or more dependents.

here is a 2001 rating payment scheduled that may give you some Ideal?

30% - 60% Without Children

Dependent Status30%40%50%60%

Veteran Alone$298$427$609$769

Veteran with Spouse Only$334$475$669$841

Veteran with Spouse & One Parent$363$514$718$899

Veteran with Spouse and Two Parents$392$553$767$957

Veteran with One Parent$327$466$658$827

Veteran with Two Parents$356$505$707$885

Additional for A/A spouse (see footnote b)$32$43$54$65

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

btw

Carlie is no longer with us Unfortunately  she passed away from a sudden Heart Failure in 2015

She is Dearly Missed.

Edited by Buck52

Just single with no dependents. I calculated using $400/mo. Received 6K from VA in single payment, no money on award before that.

I know she is gone. Sort of my little eulogy.

Edited by auenone

• HadIt.com Elder

28 months of 30% retro using the 2001 pay chart   the 28 months would be  8.344.00 with no dependents.

but it has to be even more than that with the  raises in the years that we were increased to the present time. from 2015 to 2017 probably not that much difference from the  8.344.00

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use