VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraines severely

Rate this question

sheppylee

Question

I am already at 100% T & P for another condition, but not migraines. My migraines are secondary to my SC condition. Should I still persue having migraines SC even though I’m at 100% now? Or is it just more agavation on me since I would not gain any more compensation if migraines were ruled SC?

Thank you,

S

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

It might help if you are considering filing for SMC-S or housebound status. Depending on the additional rating received, it could make a difference depending on how your individual ratings are calculated.

Compare the migraine rating criteria and compare it to your medical records and/or DBQ/C&P exam (if you have any). This will give you an idea of what kind of rating you might get.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5

Rating
8100   Migraine:  
With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability 50
With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months 30
With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over last several months 10
With less frequent attacks 0

Also, if your migraines are secondary to TBI, there is a chance that the VA might consider that pyramiding. I don't know a lot about TBI ratings or if you are rated for it, so I'll recommend someone else respond to that aspect.

6 hours ago, Vync said:

Welcome to Hadit!

It might help if you are considering filing for SMC-S or housebound status. Depending on the additional rating received, it could make a difference depending on how your individual ratings are calculated.

Compare the migraine rating criteria and compare it to your medical records and/or DBQ/C&P exam (if you have any). This will give you an idea of what kind of rating you might get.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5

Rating
8100   Migraine:  
With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability 50
With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months 30
With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over last several months 10
With less frequent attacks 0

Also, if your migraines are secondary to TBI, there is a chance that the VA might consider that pyramiding. I don't know a lot about TBI ratings or if you are rated for it, so I'll recommend someone else respond to that aspect.

Its not considered this as pyramiding, I am service connected for both one being secondary to my TBI. Its all depending on when they begain and medical evidence I believe as my records begin showing my migrained right from the hospital giving me pain killers for then the next 5 years in the military after my discharge...

Edited by jfrei