VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Questions

Rate this question

Fat

Question

I received a letter the appeal is ready to be certified to the BVA; however the VSO says the appeal is still at the regional office.

1.  Will I receive a letter and a docket number when the appeal reaches the BVA?

2. Will it have a address where I can submit/send additional evidence.

3. Does the BVA get a paper copy of evidence or do they have access to e-benefits?

4. How long do I have to submit evidence to the BVA before a Judge decides the matter?

5. Will I be contacted by someone before the Judge decides the appeal?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

All C-Files have been converted to E-Files, no more paper. Once your RO has run-out the clock on your Appeal being worked at the RO level, all reviews of New Evidence and Exams has been completed and the Denial is continued, the E-File is determined to be complete and ready for Transfer to the BVA Intake Center.

The BVA Intake center is required to assign a Docket Number based on Date of Receipt. Then or shortly thereafter your Appeal is placed in the Stack of awaiting Appeals, 1st come, 1st Served. That is, unless you have filed for a Hardship Advancement on the Docket.

Barring the Hardship Advancement, you're in for a significant wait before your Appeal makes it to the "On Deck Circle" for a VLJ's review or Hearing. At some point, you'll receive a "90 Day New & Material Evidence Submission Cut-off Notice." Shortly thereafter, "Here Comes the  Judge," the Review or Hearing Jr. Judge, just not the Final Sr. Judge that signs off on the Jr. Judges recommended Decision. All very time consuming and there is always the possibility of a Remand. 

Give VA Lawyer and Hadit Poster, Chris Atig's article discussing the BVA Process with a Sr BVA Judge a read from a couple years back. A very informative interview.