VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request for Reconsideration

Rate this question

Bullwinkle

Question

Hello all. I would like to submit a request for reconsideration for a two contentions that were rated at SC at 0% in September 2017. I have everything (new medical evidence, VA Form 21-4138, etc.) loaded into e-benefits ready to send but was not sure requesting a reconsideration through e-benefits was the right process. My question is......can a request for reconsideration be submitted through e-benefits? Thanks again.

I prefer to submit for an increase, rather then reconsideration.  It takes too long to get thru the process done.  I have had 6 conditions granted within a few months after they were denied. Some will say well ur losing back pay.  If it is a long period of time passed then do reconsideration. For just a few months of back pay I like filing FDC with the medical evidence.

Request for Reconsideration isn't a good bet, it's not a part of the Appeals process and it burns through your 1 year to appeal time.

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted

I agree with Inarticulate and Distorted.  A resubmission of evidence under 38 CFR 3.156 (b) pending claim, should result in an effective date at the beginning of the appeal period, if awarded.  

Or, Just ask for an increase.  

Or, Just file a NOD.  

Under no circumstances should you let the one year period expire without filing a NOD, reconsideration or no reconsideration.  

Mixed feelings on this one. I have a reconsideration in the hopper. After lingering in the "gathering dust" phase for a couple of months and a C&P, it went from "prep for Decision >pending decision approval and back 4 times in the last month and a half. I may have lost valuable time, but the jury is still out. I'll let you all know.