VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am at 70% and have depression as one of my claims. I wanted to file for IU due to not able to hold employment due to depression as well as IBS. Do I do this on E Benefits?

If you're actually IU, you need the IL Program benefits, you'll see.

Well I wish the best, from what i am reading many are dissaproved. 

GR STONE I already applied for ssdi so next step is to meet with my VR Conselor and tell him I want the IL Program and to let him know I am filing for IU due to my depression and IBS. I am not sure how he will deal with this all as I am suppossed to now seek employment upon graduation..

Being in Voc Rehab or actually graduating from Voc Rehab does not preclude a Vet from being Awarded IU. Of course it's taken into consideration by the Rater, especially when considering a Vets ability to do sedentary work.

Any chance you could post a redacted copy of your C & P MH DBQ that resulted in the 70% SC?

GA Stone to be on the IL program do I have to be 100% total because I am at 70%. I could also send you a copy of my DBQ personally. Reason I am seeking IU is due to my doctor being concerned and my stomach issues along with depression are really bad and have continued to worsen over the past year

Actually GA STONE I do not have a copy and did not ask for a copy of that C & P MH DBQ. I wish I did that as I now know to get copies of that everytime i do a C&P. My doctor does note exams and my IBS exam is on myehealth. I am going to check to see if the origional C&P I did for MH is on my ehealth.