VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am at 70% and have depression as one of my claims. I wanted to file for IU due to not able to hold employment due to depression as well as IBS. Do I do this on E Benefits?

On 1/14/2018 at 2:35 AM, LanceJoseph said:

Thanks Jimbo, will do! Hope you receive good new quick regarding your IU, and also that its P&T! Good luck and stay positive!

It took a long time but I was granted an increase in the sinus-related rating, back to 20% where it was ten years ago before they snuck a reduction in when i wasn't paying attention. now, in May, my appeal for the connection of my shoulder to my Naval service was granted, 100% due to house-bound status, back to my surgery date in 2015 but only for a few months, then down to 20%. Still, it has pushed me to 100% P&T. They denied the increase in the other half of the appeal, the cervical spine issue, but I will keep going after it. Now it's gotten to the point where my left arm goes numb when I lift my head up to use my bifocals. 

So it goes..i'm not going after the IU for now, can't see what benefit it will get me. I need to see how any real estate dabbling can be done as "passive" before I attempt to prove IU. I already get a Widower's payment for my wife's SS account, which is better than nothing. There again, I must monitor my taxable income.

I'm "almost" able to live a fairly independent lifestyle, financially, without any additional income. But I would like to keep trying to do something as long as i am able. - - still trying to figure out how they left a year + out of the 100% back award when during that time nothing happened that's on the record - increased or decreased ratings or decisions. Ready to can my Power of Attorney, I'm shopping because the service currently is non-existent. but that's another issue for another thread.

Sorry I was off here for quite a while due to some personal issues, but I'm back in the saddle again. Never give up the fight if you believe you're right and entitled to compensation.

Jim