VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits says Decision Letter Sent, Appeal Closed

Rate this question

kevintischer

Question

I am 556 days into my NOD. Ebenefits says that my appeal for ratings increase and IU was closed at the RO Dec 18 and a decision letter was sent on the 18th. On the 22nd I called the 1000 hotline and went to the RO in person, both said no letter was sent and my appeal was still in progress. The RO said that the appeal was sitting on a rating supervisors desk and should be done soon. They have received my new private Doctor IME report and all my service treatment records and don't need any new evidence. I had an informal hearing with the DRO in April and received an SOC in May.

My questions is why would Ebennie say that my appeal s closed with a letter sent but the RO says it is still be decided? Has anyone seen anything like this before? There is still no change in my AB8 letter or disabilities on my Ebennies profile. On my Vets.gov profile it says 7-10 business days for the decision letter to arrive, but again there never was a letter sent out. My file is sitting on a rating supervisors desk. 

Edited by kevintischer

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

First of all, welcome aboard bud. As stated above it will take a little time for everything to update and catch up on status. My claim has been at Prep for Notification for a few weeks, and Ebenefits states letter sent. Well I have not received anything as well, and nothing has updated on Ebenefits either. Just try to enjoy the Holidays and it will update soon enough. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Kev, just be sure your Direct Deposit Bank/Credit Union account is set up to real-time Txt and Email you regarding "ALL" financial transactions.

I've only experienced (1) instance in past 7 years regarding Awards and Retro, where an E-Ben's update beat a Retro Deposit. A 1/3/16 E-Ben update had a VA Quality Review Decision Award (12/03/15) of a 07/15 Increase Denial. The Retro hit about 3 weeks later. Actual Award Letter arrived in mid 05/16.