VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Merry Christmas to all

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!

May God Bless us all.

Merry Christmas from me too to everyone here!

We are sure having a White Christmas here in NY----I am in the middle of 'white out' conditions and cannot  even see the farm down the road and had to tie down my deck trees, because wind is so strong. They only have Christmas lights on them. I did put Christmas balls on one of them last year, but the balls flew into space when the wind kicked up.

WOW, that is balmy! It has been 0 degrees here since about 5 AM.

When my daughter graduated from Lackland USAF BT , it was  well over 90 degrees that day. The first time I ever saw jackrabbits, was on the base  and another first was seeing palm trees planted next to fir trees in front of some of the places the families gathered in after the ceremony.

I liked Texas a lot and hope every parent with an adult child who enlists ,can see them graduate from Boot camp...uh I mean BT for AF.

One of those airman below is my baby girl. After the ceremony she showed us  her squadron bunk area,and the chow hall, and obviously I still dont know how to speak USAF, but my neighbor who came with me ,did...

( USAF 20 Ret, REDHORSE, Korea and Alaska) who also had graduated from BT at Lackland long ago. He was and still is a great friend to us both and will be plowing my driveway later today. He LOVES snow.

Good thing I had a wide lens camera....I needed that for photos of the Blackbird and a lot of other fabulous planes displayed on the base. 

Fran USAF Texas 1997.jpg

Edited by Berta