VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Make decision now" Button in Ebenefits

Rate this question

mrstephens11

Question

Hello,

I have a claim in, had C&Ps, and have uploaded all of my documentation for the claim.  There is a button that says "Make decision now" in ebenefits.  I wanted to get yalls feeling on this, is it just another way for the VA to screw us over?  Meaning, is there a possibility that my month old C&P results might not be included in the paper work?  My claim is in the "gathering evidence" status.   Seems like they would have everything they need.  My C-File has every thing but what I uploaded and the new C&P results.

My claim says it will be done around 4/2018 - 8/2018.  How long does it take for them to get evidence?  I know that some of these questions aren't really answerable, but how do yall feel about them?   Also, how much quicker would this make the claim get processed?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Are you on an FDC, all Supporting Evidence has been furnished to the VA and your just waiting for the Decision, right? What was the Date you Filed the Claim?

FDC Decisions have been running 6 to 10 months. What does your VSR have to say?

No it's not an FDC, it's a CUE.  The CUE was for service connection.  They didn't have some medical records in my C-file that I had and it clearly shows service connection.  Hell, even the discharge papers show it as the reason for discharge.  I sent in copies of the files when I sent in the claim of CUE.  I already did a C&P for the CUE, which I thought was a good sign that they thought it was a CUE as well.  I haven't asked a VSR.  Who is the VSR?  Is it a VA employee?

I'm tempted to just ride it out, as my filing date was in June and I'm not strapped for cash.  I've been waiting 12 years now for a fair rating for my knees, they lost my first 2 claims.  The good news is that during my last claim they found the 1st one and back dated the award to the day after active service!  I just want all of this to be over.

VSR is a Vet Service Organization Rep, VFW, DAV or Marine Corps Lg.

From your last post, it appears you received an SC Claim Denial due to STR's not being provided by you or obtained from the Crotch by the VA. Did you file a NOD siting what you believed to be a CUE? What was the Date of the Denial and your NOD/CUE filing?

Ok, so I do have a VSR that I don't trust.  He told me not to file a NOD when I got my claim awarded and back dated almost 10 years.  He didn't want me to "rock the boat".  Which I now know would be illegal for the VA to change my award like that just because I filed a NOD.

The VA and C&P Examiner had medical records stating bilateral and they had my discharge papers which said the same thing.  I had a bad C&P examiner.  He told me to my face that since I didn't have an MRI of the right knee in service that he didn't have evidence to service connect.  I pointed out to my records about 12 places that it said "bilateral", to which he replied "Yeah, sometimes people just write stuff down."

I filed a CUE stating that my knee was service connected and showed the multiple records that said bilateral including my discharge papers.  I got a new C&P for the right knee with the VES, the same guy that service connected my left knee.  I asked this doctor what he was going to write and he said it would be service connected.

I'm almost at the end of this fight and I just need to wait it out I think.  The time spent waiting for this will be nothing compared to the total time I've waited so far.

Mrstephens 11

The first part of your question was stated as, should I hit  the button that says  "Make decision now"  Caution on this part. if you click on that button, "make decision now",  it means that all the information you, or your VSO have submitted is all they " the rating board may need, even if they have the records you need in your C file someplace. Files and specific records seem to become lost or overlooked.  If you communicate with your service officer, he or she can scan the documents you are concerned about to the VA You could also scan the documents, files in yourself through E benefits.  Years ago I  was  going down the same road as you are now. My VSO ( Veterans Service Officer ) stated to me, don't rock the boat and I ended up not getting my claim approved.  I ended up submitting my claim myself. There is a lot to say on your situation, just get the advice that fits your situation and run with it.