VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp & Pen coming

Rate this question

Knees-n-Da Breez

Question

Hello fellow vets! My C&P exam is vastly approaching. I submitted a request for an increase for PTSD for which I am now 70% and have been since 2011. If I were to be granted an increase to 100% will I be able to work? Also, what would determine if I am eligible for an increase? I also have other claims that I will be filing and wanted advice on how I should handle things. I really need to do what is best for me and my children. Thanks a lot.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

What evidence did you submit attached to your PTSD Increase FDC? Rated 70% since 2011, have you been receiving continued VMC MH Care on a regular basis?

I've had contact with (2) local PTSD Vets that filed claims for unrelated SC's. Both had been rated as IU T & P No Future Exams since 2014 and North of 70 yrs old. I Vet got his 50% PTSD cut to 30%, but it didn't affect his IU. The other Vet got his PTSD Reduced from 70 to 30%. He ended up getting a VA Intent to Reduce his IU back to his New CSC %. Of course, he immediately filed an Appeal. and only time will tell. He'll continue to receive his IU Comp until the Appeal Decision. If it goes against him, it's payback time for the difference.

I have been under constant care from mental health. Mostly from my civilian doctor and some from the VA. I understand that one never knows the outcome of their C&P exam but I honestly do not foresee any cause for a decrease. I think I am just experiencing some anxiety about going.

General rule of thumb, if you are Schedular 100% work is fine, but one of the big things on getting 100% for PTSD is inability to maintain a job.

100% Total Disability Individual Unemployability then no you can't work and earn above poverty line. 100% TDIU is for people who don't have 100% schedular but can not maintain Substantially Gainful Employment.

On 1/4/2018 at 5:32 PM, Knees-n-Da Breez said:

Hello fellow vets! My C&P exam is vastly approaching. I submitted a request for an increase for PTSD for which I am now 70% and have been since 2011. If I were to be granted an increase to 100% will I be able to work? Also, what would determine if I am eligible for an increase? I also have other claims that I will be filing and wanted advice on how I should handle things. I really need to do what is best for me and my children. Thanks a lot.

You mentioned you have been rated 70% for ptsd since 2011. Have you had any re-evaluations since filing for a increase? Has the va did their random c&p exam to see if you have gotten better since 2011?