VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Re-exam after two years of being 70%

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is required or to submit to keep the 70% PTSD if and when I may get called into a PTSD Dairy C&P?  (note:) I am not asking for increase!

What evidence Do they want? progress notes off myhealthyvet? 

Treatment sessions for two years? 

Will they take older records that I submitted for the original claim?

I think they may want to see if my PTSD has got better?

I think its still the same although therapy sessions have been every week and bi weekly now after two  1/2 years.  ( in therapy constant) never missed an appointment.

The only thing I can say is that I can sleep a little better than I used to because the meds knock me out  & a C-PAP Machine DX by VA AFTER I WAS DX FOR PTSD.

but I still have flash backs  N/M's 3 or more times a week. & feel jumpi all the time and non-sociable in a sociable setting..but the therapist don't put that in his notes.

I always mention all this to him at my sessions.

So what do they (Examiner) want to look at besides my treatment notes? Will examiner let me speak up during the exam? usually they just read off the computer and make a decision.

I need to make sure I have the therapy notes in my favor that my PTSD is about the same? correct.?  I been DX  70% PTSD & Service Connected for it about 30 months now.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

Before I got permanent I got called in for the 2 year review, but then they said they reviewed my records and cancelled the appointment. A short time after that they made me permanent. Here's a link to the DBQ for PTSD Review it should give a good idea of what the exam will be about.

Review Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Ms T 

but my VA MH Dept won't help me with a DBQ they say that's not there job  tells me to go see the DAV. they frown if you mention help with a claim or ask politely to fill out a DBQ. = DALLAS VA

Is a License Certified Clinical Social Worker allowed to fill one out? (therapist?)

I have not got a notice yet  may not..but its about that time.

The dairy date I did have with my IU P&T was canceled it was set up for 2014. from 2002

this exam is for PTSD After 2 years.

so for I have not been sent any notice and nothing on ebenfits.

just paranoid I guess with all the veterans at my VAMC getting their notice for the same exam about the same amount of time I had mine.

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone else care to comment your opinion suggestions?

Also can veteran appeal a diary date C&P Exam if they try to reduce benefits. is it actually an NOD? as in a denied claim?

or is this something else?

Thanks In Advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't really know the circumstances of your PTSD, but I would try to use the opportunity to increase it to 100% P&T. I would recommend you contact Jonathon Mangold, PhD. HSPP Psychology He is in Indiana. CCK uses this guy. Contact me direct for the specifics if you want them.  

Will be interesting to see how your PTSD Rating plays out, Re-exam wise. Generally speaking just about all MH SCs and especially PTSD are Diary Dated for Re-exam at 3 to 5 yr intervals, at least until the Vet hits the 55 Cutoff. Your well over 55 but the PTSD Ratings is only 2 years old.

I think the only way your PTSD SC gets a Rater's Review is if you file a New Claim or for an Increase. A couple old "IU T & P No Future Exams" Vet's have had their 50 &70% PTSD Ratings reduced after filing New Claims and receiving PTSD Re-Exam C & Ps, here in Det.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Gastone!

I maybe just flat paranoid ....worrying over nothing.  grrrrrrrrrr

Just wait and see  or keep checking for the EXAM if ordered one!

Guess it don't really matter one  way or the other,  If they call me in for re evaluation  so be it .

My PTSD has not got any better   maybe about the same  but not better....from what medical records state its about the same.

so if I get called in I'll use them and my lay statement that my PTSD has not got better or showed improvement  ..medical records should show that.

I think its a waist of time for exams like these  they can spend more valuable time for veterans with  un-adjudicated PTSD Claims.