VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Re-exam after two years of being 70%

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is required or to submit to keep the 70% PTSD if and when I may get called into a PTSD Dairy C&P?  (note:) I am not asking for increase!

What evidence Do they want? progress notes off myhealthyvet? 

Treatment sessions for two years? 

Will they take older records that I submitted for the original claim?

I think they may want to see if my PTSD has got better?

I think its still the same although therapy sessions have been every week and bi weekly now after two  1/2 years.  ( in therapy constant) never missed an appointment.

The only thing I can say is that I can sleep a little better than I used to because the meds knock me out  & a C-PAP Machine DX by VA AFTER I WAS DX FOR PTSD.

but I still have flash backs  N/M's 3 or more times a week. & feel jumpi all the time and non-sociable in a sociable setting..but the therapist don't put that in his notes.

I always mention all this to him at my sessions.

So what do they (Examiner) want to look at besides my treatment notes? Will examiner let me speak up during the exam? usually they just read off the computer and make a decision.

I need to make sure I have the therapy notes in my favor that my PTSD is about the same? correct.?  I been DX  70% PTSD & Service Connected for it about 30 months now.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 1/7/2018 at 10:04 AM, Buck52 said:

What is required or to submit to keep the 70% PTSD if and when I may get called into a PTSD Dairy C&P?  (note:) I am not asking for increase!

What evidence Do they want? progress notes off myhealthyvet? 

Treatment sessions for two years? 

Will they take older records that I submitted for the original claim?

I think they may want to see if my PTSD has got better?

I think its still the same although therapy sessions have been every week and bi weekly now after two  1/2 years.  ( in therapy constant) never missed an appointment.

The only thing I can say is that I can sleep a little better than I used to because the meds knock me out  & a C-PAP Machine DX by VA AFTER I WAS DX FOR PTSD.

but I still have flash backs  N/M's 3 or more times a week. & feel jumpi all the time and non-sociable in a sociable setting..but the therapist don't put that in his notes.

I always mention all this to him at my sessions.

So what do they (Examiner) want to look at besides my treatment notes? Will examiner let me speak up during the exam? usually they just read off the computer and make a decision.

I need to make sure I have the therapy notes in my favor that my PTSD is about the same? correct.?  I been DX  70% PTSD & Service Connected for it about 30 months now.

Here buck, read this Citation Nr: file on a Vet who had to go to the BVA to get his PTSD rating back after being reduced. The problem with your therapist not recording the symptoms you reported are that those records are going to be used to judge you at the C&P exam. If you can't prove you didn't have sustained improvement and you get a reduction, how you going to fight it? That's why I'm going to the VA for my first appointment soon to test the waters. If my therapist does the same thing I'm going to say "Why aren't you recording the symptoms I'm telling you? I know you have multiple veterans you're currently treating, so if you don't record my symptoms I don't see how we can work together since you won't remember my problems". Then if that doesn't work I'll immediately stop going and get the cheapest therapist I can who's going to record those symptoms. The last therapist I had at the Vet Center was so concerned about getting me out to be social so he could write down "Veteran has had social improvement" or something like that, because he just wanted to focus on my social functioning and not the underlying problems. So I dumped that therapist.  https://www.va.gov/vetapp12/files5/1231506.txt 

Edited by kent101

Yeah those PTSD reviews are rough. I had one a 2 years ago. I just had a VA outside of Dallas, not Dallas, dont want to say on here. But the nice MH Doc filled out the DBQ and that is what ultimately got my recent 100% PTSD. Actually the first DBQ that any VA Doc has ever filled out. If you mention it, the VA acts like it is the Plague. Just keep seeking treatment, and continue you Dr appts along with whatever Meds you are prescribed. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine bud. Much easier said then done, I know. Good luck either way

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks  everyone!

I may just ask my therapist all about some of the things he mention in my sessions thats not true.

My regular VA Therapist  is out from back surgery  ..and been out 3 months (he is ok)

I have a new therapist female  and I don't like her, she had me to go sit out in the clinic waiting room with her for 5  minutes (I did) and then we  went back to her office..she said see you did your improving..I said what? she said you went an sit out in the waiting room and  had no panic attact..,,although my heart felt like it was going to jump out.

I said excuse me but I did what you ask me to do   although I was not comfortable ...she said her point was I did it..I said well please don't ask me to go do something like that ever again.   grrrrrr

4 hours ago, Navy04 said:

Yeah those PTSD reviews are rough. I had one a 2 years ago. I just had a VA outside of Dallas, not Dallas, dont want to say on here. But the nice MH Doc filled out the DBQ and that is what ultimately got my recent 100% PTSD. Actually the first DBQ that any VA Doc has ever filled out. If you mention it, the VA acts like it is the Plague. Just keep seeking treatment, and continue you Dr appts along with whatever Meds you are prescribed. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine bud. Much easier said then done, I know. Good luck either way

If his therapist isn't recording his symptoms then that isn't good therapy. His therapist has multiple patients and isn't going to remember his symptoms exclusively. He should be worried about that. The VA is disarming veterans from fighting a fraudulent ratings reduction if the therapist didn't do their job properly. Veterans need treatment records proving they didn't have sustained improvement when the VA says they did. Without the records to prove their was no sustained improvement the VA can do whatever it wants. The problem with going to the VA for treatment in the first place is that it provides the VA with treatment records to start the paper work process of reducing benefits when sometimes it's not justified.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 1/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, Rocket1949 said:

Buck were you not 100% P & T ?

yes I am 100% P&T  With 2 SMC  And over 55   actually I'll be 66 in July.

I believe what kent101 is right on the nail

The only way the  Raters can get reports on a veteran with S.C. Disability's  is  via Medical reports or medical records , there basically the same or mean the same to a rater  and the raters get these reports off the computer  just like we can   via myhealthyvet

So if there is information in them that the veterans has  shown improvement from progress notes (from fraudulent therapist or even Dr's )  Then in my opinion this is what causes to alarm the raters to send out the  C&P and failure to show up will result in a benefit reduction  or at least a proposal to reduce letter.

So every Veteran no matter what his disability is  if he is using the VA for treatment and medications   he better recheck  his progress notes in myhealthyvet  to see what the Therapist & Dr's are saying in their reports.

Every  VA Clinical visit will have a report made   even if you don't see a Dr , it can be a  RVN  OR RN or PCP Nurse  from sick call without an appointment  there will be reports.

If your getting compensation at any % from 0% to 100%  its in your better interest to check those progress notes.

The VA System is Adversarial with anything we do.

At least until you reach your 20 year protection.

Ms Tbird  (Hadit founder) reach hers last year and said what a relief it was.

I can only imagine  be  happy day for me too.

I am so tired worrying over my shoulder I have 3 more years to go.

just to add I am not afraid to go to a C&P My Disability's have not improved  any of them, my PTSD is about the same as it was  although my spouse thinks its worse since I been in therapy...to me having to go to a C&P at this stage is ridiculous  on the VA Part  it does make them look like their trying to take away a veteran benefits.

and having to get out and go to a C&P is bad for a disabled veteran  its all I can do to get to the VA for therapy.

Edited by Buck52