VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA's New Super Fast Claim Process

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I filed a claim yesterday for a foot condition.

I sent in two pages of service treatment records showing I had surgery for the condition while in service.

Sent in a statement informing the VA about the continuance of the same condition.

Logged on Ebenefits and my new claim was gone.

I called Peggy to check on that.

I was told the new claim was closed.

"Closed, I asked?"

He said that was the fastest decision he had ever seen made on a claim.

Problem is...DENIED, DENIED, DENIED.

Waiting on the "legal colonoscopy letter" to arrive soon.

So how's that for the new claims process?

63Charlie, you are making a BIG mistake not using a VSO to at least advise you on your claims.

Yes, it's easy to gather medical records, fill out forms..submit everything on Ebenefits, BUT, an experienced VSO can also help you avoid getting denied, just like you just did.

Associate it with going to court without a lawyer, trying to be your own lawyer, setting yourself up for failure.

You can't live a good life without trusting folks.

Also, if you've been a member here on hadit very long, you should have read that the majority of us here do use VSOs, attorneys...

Do yourself a favor, get some kind of help with your case, if only some advise. After all, you deserve it!

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

On 1/12/2018 at 7:16 AM, Gastone said:

RV, just might be time to switch VSO's. If you're in the middle of an Appeal (RO, DRO or BVA) all New VSO's will try to get you to stick with your current VSO/VSR. They don't like to step on each others toes.

My 1st VSR was VVFW, VSR was old and burnt out. Of course he was the only Rep in the RO HQ office the day I stopped in to file a claim in early 2008. Didn't realize what a waste he was till after the 09 Denial of everything. Never heard from him after the 1st filing, nothing regarding NODing the Denial. Tried calling him numerous time, nothing. Filed my own DRO Hearing NOD at the 11th hr of the 12 month Filing Window.  Continued Filing my own New Claims while awaiting the DRO Hearing. Went from 10% Tinnitus from 08 1st Claim, to 90% (Inferred IU) in mid 12. Filed a DRO Hearing NOD on the 09/12 IU Denial.

VVFW was real-time copied by the VA regarding all my New Claims, Awards and Denials. Never once did I hear from the VVFW VSR.

While at the RO for a VR appointment in late 2013, I asked a Rep from the Marine Corps LG for a piece of paper to slide a note under the always locked door of the VVFW. After some discussion regarding my inability to make contact with the VVFW Rep and my pending (2) DRO Hearings, the MCL Head Honcho agreed to accept my POA. I still file my own Claims but the MCL Rep (Retired RO SR DRO) was and is. of great assistance since my 100% all  Issues Awarded 06/14 DRO Hearing.

You just have to shop around until you find a VSO/VSR that is a good fit and meets your expectations.

Thanks for the response Chief! It's been a while but I have had success like you by doing all of my own leg work and paperwork. Warmest Regards to you!

Rob