Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Berta

Burn Pits- Brain Cancer-Joe Biden's son

Question

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2018/01/11/duh-biden-finally-links-burn-pit-brain-cancer-sons-death/?inf_contact_key=38fe45a4770396212ee7dc435b330a243c986b56775dfe0f866944ea5de2c33a

Ben Krause's remarks are right on point.

Maybe this will impede some new regs on burn pits.......if vets take up the charge.

Someone pointed out they should burn the human waste in Washington DC..and let the congress critters breathe it and we would have a "burn pit" ban in a week, as well as benefits for Veterans who had to breathe it.  

• Haha 1

Ad

Yeah! In vietnam they used to turn empty canisters into barbeque pits but some were turned into  "shitters" and then they would burn those contents off...Some of the canisters were empty AO barrels- what a toxic situation that was.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files1/1700131.txt

This is one of a few successful burn pit claims.

I found the award interesting as to the last part regarding the vestibular disorder, due to TBI ,too.

Yikes, burn pits/barrels are bad enough, let along ones that contained AO

So I have question regarding this, I was stationed in camp bastion and camp dwyer in southern afghanistan and both had burn pits up wind from our tents. While at the time this just seemed ridiculous but having seen the page for it on ebenefits I'm assuming this has become a real issue. My question is I recently recieved a BVA decision and am currently waiting on an award letter from my RO, Should I wait to file for the burn pit thing on ebenefits? 

Lance...

Please post your question, (a good one, by the way) in a "new" post.  You will get more people to read it, and get better answers, AND everyone will be less confused as this particular post was started by Berta, and we call that "hijacking the post".  It confuses all.  

Since you are new, I will mention it, and, even answer your question THIS ONE TIME.  Next time, start a new post and dont ask your question (unrelated to the original poster) in Berta's or other peoples post.  Berta deserves our full attention to her post, so do you.   Here is my answer:

Dont wait, unless you have more money than you know what to do with.  Let's hypothetically say your "burn pit" claim has resulted in disabilites that equal 100 percent. (I dont know this, I have no idea what your rating will be as I dont know any of your symptoms.)

So, if you wait 1 month to apply, and its 100 percent, that will cost you about $2973 plus dependendents.  How many months of 100 percent can you afford to lose, that is, how many $2973 checks do you plan on donating to the department of Veterans Affairs?  

For me, the answer is "0", so I would apply now.  If you were the lucky 418 million dollar lottery winner, then you probably should forget about applying altogether.  

Edited by broncovet

• Ads

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• OK so I had pancreatectomy in 2003 due to an impacted goldstone 2/3 of my  Pancreas was removed I am type one diabetes with very large scars continued diarrhea stomach problems Constant back and shoulder pain I recently received a Nexus letter from my  endocrinologist related to my service in the gulf war.  Any suggestions or advice from anyone
    • I would like to meet other Hadit members who live in Michigan.  We have at least two major VA Hospitals (Battle Creek, Ann Arbor).  Or maybe you go to the the John Dingell in Detroit.  

I like Ann Arbor.  I like the fact that most of the doctors there are also at the UM Hospital.  I don't like how uickly they seem to turn over though.  
      • 2 replies
    • Really?
      I am confused.  A few days ago I spoke to a person at a VARO who said if I die from something other than service-connected my husband gets zero, zilch, squat.  Hmmmmmm, it seems the rules change willy-nilly...I have been rated 100% P & T for over 10 years, MS is static, and I am 56 years of age.

Can a fellow Veteran shed a light on this?

Thank you.
      • 15 replies
    • Fund raising for HadIt.com
      The site is supported through ads and ad free subscriptions, we are also asking for any support you would like to send our way. You can give a $1 or more it all helps. Keep in mind though that it is NOT tax deductible and we are NOT a non profit. As the site grows so do the costs and ads and subscription do not always keep pace with the costs. Any help is appreciated, but not required.
      • 8 replies
    • Carol Ozanecki- Blue Water vet Advocate called me with this news:

https://www.stripes.com/news/lawmakers-launch-new-effort-to-provide-agent-orange-coverage-for-blue-water-navy-vets-1.525395

Also there is a article in Pop Culture she sent to me----mentionig Blue Water vets buy I felt it was too political to post here. You can google it if you want to read it.

• 9 replies

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines