VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's the opinion on Dr. Ellis for IMO/IME?

Rate this question

pctinc2001

Question

Thinking about using Dr. Ellis from The Ellis clinic can anybody give me some reviews. Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No Offense take:

I agree about the cost, I was just letting you know that  if you have more than one condition  they do charge for other conditions. at theire same rate

Its best to call and get your information from Dr Ellis People.

If veteran pays for an IMO/IME for a disability condition that was caused from his/her military service  this Dr Ellis Clinic is great for that

One particular hadit member went to Okla City  with an appointment to see him, she had more than one condition for him to opine on...like 4 conditions and her cost was a lot more than what she had figured. like around 5/6 thousand $$$  you pay it before he sends the opinion letter, I just wanted to make that clear.

I agree getting an IMO/IME to help a veteran service connect a disabling condition from military service then  the cost should not be a factor  but for some veterans with large family's it is a big thing.

My advise is get his Phone # make that call and get ALL the information you need from the Dr him self or his staff.

As this person had to stay an extended time and hotel cost travel expense needs to also be a factor.

This is why some of us here at hadit advises veterans to put back some retro when they do win a claim.  we never know when a condition may arise and we need these IMO'S to help win our claims.

Thanks Buck :)

I am posting a link to his site.

http://www.ellisclinic.com/

VA disability info:

http://www.ellisclinic.com/va-disability/index.html

Go to the appointments button, then VA disability and it gives you the pdf form and info.

Copy and pasting fee info:

"Exam & Report Fee: $500 for up to 4 Claims. $100 for Each Additional Claim"

He's 74 I believe he said.  And super vet friendly.  If you're able to get your IME/IMO's sooner rather than later I encourage it.

I'm just so thankful to have those things off of my to do list.

Edited by eli
Added link info.

@buck and Eli thanks for your responses. I tried calling the Ellis Clinic all day yesterday, but got no answer. I will try again Monday. Thanks again.

If it were me and this is what I did.  Fill out the paperwork and mail it asap.  That way he has it in hand.

Dr. Ellis has an excellent rep, here's the thread on him and years of Hadit readers have wonderful things to say about him.

Eli.....I have obtained  IMO's from both Dr. Anaise and Dr. Ellis.   I found value in both but by far, in my opinion, Dr. Anaise went much deeper on rationale (cost more too)......like 38 pages of medical rationale on one disability.  Dr. Ellis has the folksy personality factor......Dr. Anaise more professor-like fact finder type.  Both work.   Just my take.   I rate both highly, and I agree IMO's are worth the money because we all know they will be challenged by VA and weak ones get cast aside by saying not enough rationale given.  You get what you pay for as they say and it is so true and even more critical when it comes to IMOs trumping the VA.  

Edited by Wayne TX
mispellings