VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved Today For Ssdi !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Got my "NOTICE OF AWARD" letter today for SSDI. Applied 5 months ago and won on the first try. I am so happy. This is a big relief off my shoulders. They say I will get a check for my retro on Jan 5, 2007.

My claim with the VA is currently at "Ratings". I have no idea how long it will be there. Should I wait for a decision to see if I get SC for my heart or should I contact my SO and submit my Award letter now.

Also could anyone tell me when I will get Medicare? Is it 2 years from when I became disabled on Jan 25, 2006 or is it 2 years from my entitlement on July 2006?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

PS I am learning so much from hadit.com and I want to thank everyone for all the different topics and all the information that I read every day. YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!!!! Thank you very much

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you heart condition is service connected send in the award letter and also notify the VA you want them to request your records from the SSA. If you can somehow get the records yourself and submit them to the VA I would do that since it takes the VA a long time for them to request and obtain these SSA records. I would be careful to see that everything in the SSA records granting your award is also VA service connected so the VA can not try and blame your disability on non-service connected issues. Your SSA records of an award for disability are very important evidence to support a 100% rating or an IU rating. Even if it take a little longer you want to be sure this SSA evidence of disability is before the VA before they make their decision. If you can hand carry the evidence to the VA pronto I would at least take the award letter to them and get a date stamped copy.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Is it 2 years from when I became disabled on Jan 25, 2006 or is it 2 years from my entitlement on July 2006?"

Two years from your entitlement date, award date, whatever..............errr........ah.....I think.

Heck, it's been so long since I got mine, I really, really don't remember.

Got my "NOTICE OF AWARD" letter today for SSDI. Applied 5 months ago and won on the first try. I am so happy. This is a big relief off my shoulders. They say I will get a check for my retro on Jan 5, 2007.

My claim with the VA is currently at "Ratings". I have no idea how long it will be there. Should I wait for a decision to see if I get SC for my heart or should I contact my SO and submit my Award letter now.

Also could anyone tell me when I will get Medicare? Is it 2 years from when I became disabled on Jan 25, 2006 or is it 2 years from my entitlement on July 2006?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

PS I am learning so much from hadit.com and I want to thank everyone for all the different topics and all the information that I read every day. YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!!!! Thank you very much

that is great news but please dont expect them to pay when they say... i was awarded sept.23,2006 and still waiting for my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• In Memoriam

I was SSD connected at 100%. It took about 8 months, but SS did pay retro. After my daughter turned 18, I found out that they should have paid for that. They sent her a check, for about 10,000, for the back years of support that they did not pay.