VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved Today For Ssdi !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Got my "NOTICE OF AWARD" letter today for SSDI. Applied 5 months ago and won on the first try. I am so happy. This is a big relief off my shoulders. They say I will get a check for my retro on Jan 5, 2007.

My claim with the VA is currently at "Ratings". I have no idea how long it will be there. Should I wait for a decision to see if I get SC for my heart or should I contact my SO and submit my Award letter now.

Also could anyone tell me when I will get Medicare? Is it 2 years from when I became disabled on Jan 25, 2006 or is it 2 years from my entitlement on July 2006?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

PS I am learning so much from hadit.com and I want to thank everyone for all the different topics and all the information that I read every day. YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!!!! Thank you very much

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The whole process took approx 5 months. I received my award letter that said I would receive my 5 months back pay in approx 2 weeks from my approval date. 3 weeks later I had the check and started receiving my monthly checks 30 days later.

Also could anyone tell me when I will get Medicare? Is it 2 years from when I became disabled on Jan 25, 2006 or is it 2 years from my entitlement on July 2006?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

PS I am learning so much from hadit.com and I want to thank everyone for all the different topics and all the information that I read every day. YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!!!! Thank you very much

Just want to let you know that in NY, you are automatically enrolled for medicare once you have SSD for 2 years. It goes 24 months from the month you were entitled, not the month you got your first check.

The whole process took approx 5 months. I received my award letter that said I would receive my 5 months back pay in approx 2 weeks from my approval date. 3 weeks later I had the check and started receiving my monthly checks 30 days later.

were you working when you applied