VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SOC???

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

Currently waiting on my SOC to arrive regarding my nod for tbi and notice that on ebenefits it didn't update on the AB8 letter. Curious to know does this mean the va didnt grant in favor of me??? Or ebenefts just didnt update yet??? Also would i still be receiving a SOC if it was granted in my favor???

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not a very supportive TBI DBQ. A Mild TBI, based on length of loss of consciousness 06.

Strictly my Lay opinion, but the DBQ Neurologist seems to indicate that there is a significant disparity between your Initial C & P symptoms severity description and those of the most recent Exam.  Without the Dr opining as to the possible reasons why one could read between the lines and come to the conclusion that there is a possibility of "Over Reporting" after realizing one's missteps  discussing symptom during the  1st C & P.

Glady appreciated your advise. I was just tryin to understand would i officially be diagnose with tbi or will it still be considered not service connected. Cuz I've been discharged since 2009 and even tho my document's states that tbi occurred in combat....they still dont have it as service connected

Edited by Bluntly

Post a redacted copy of the SOC, should be very informative.

Keep in mind, after receiving the SOC you need to move immediately on any further Appeal. If you're using a VSO for Appeal Representation, be sure they're Locked & Cocked regarding the next Filing.

Gastone is giving you good advice.  This dbq did not support SC for TBI.   If you are seeking SC for TBI, you are going to need a medical opinion refuting that one.  Make sure your correct address is on file in both VAMC and VBA .  They dont always talk to each other (VA medical and VA benefits).  

Yes, its sometimes a problem getting your decisions when they dont arrive.  I suggest:

1.  Call the VSO, or other representative and ask him for a copy.

2.  Call the VA (gee I hate the ask peggy number, but you need to try), or send an IRIS email requesting a copy of the SOC.  

3.  File an I9, regardless, in 60 days.  Explain you did not receive a copy of the SOC, as of todays date, but when you receive it, you will complete the I9.  

Dont let VA burn you for a untimely appeal for this:

Trick:  Submit some new evidence.  This should generate a SSOC.  This should end this hamster wheel of no SOC, as VA would have to submit a SSOC, while you obtain the SOC.  

When was yuour initial TBI C & P exam done?

I ask because of the TBI scandal some time ago- where vets with TBIs got non professional C & P exams, explained here:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/70989-attorney-for-tbi-cue/?page=2#comment-438768

Hi Ms.Berta my initial c&p exam was in 2009 which im pretty sure i fall under this which u presented to me. Thanks fellas im on it, my SOC should be arriving anyday now and will inform u on the results.