VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SOC???

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

Currently waiting on my SOC to arrive regarding my nod for tbi and notice that on ebenefits it didn't update on the AB8 letter. Curious to know does this mean the va didnt grant in favor of me??? Or ebenefts just didnt update yet??? Also would i still be receiving a SOC if it was granted in my favor???

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You posted, "I shouldnt have to go through this process if I attended the appointment".

Welcome to the Department of Veterans Affairs where all the VA's "glitches" cost you time and money.  If there is not a glitch to begin with, they  will find one or make it up.  

You have 2 choices:

1.  Deal (well) with the glitch, and probably "eventually" be awarded benefits you deserve.  OR

2.  Ignore it, blame VA, dont file a NOD and dont do anything about it.  You will have lots of company, we listen to people almost every day who say, "How can the VA do that to me?" and not get the benefits you deserve.  

Make no mistake, even if VA induced the "glitch", the problem becomes yours to solve or forfeit benefits.  

If you are looking for a quick fix, call the white house hotline to complain, and maybe send VA a copy of the exam that you allegedly did not attend.  

Edited by broncovet

Just got off the phone with the 1800# and was informed that the SOC was sent out on the 17th of January. The neurology dr. didn't put a entry in the system til the 18th, which is why they said i was a no show. So now im curious on how will this pan out now as far as me continuing thru the process up to the board or will i hear in the up coming weeks from the va that the decison has changed and the board may be no longer needed....

No way the late (1 day) Dr's appointment had anything to do with the mailing of the RO SOC. The SOC is completed within a few Months, not days, of the DRO or RO Review Denial Continued Decision.      As to what's next, Filing a TIMELY I9 requesting a BVA Hearing. This is not something you should consider trying as a DIY Project. You need at the very least, a POA VSO to assist in the I9 Filing and possibly representing you at the BVA Hearing. In the past, requesting a BVA Video Hearing held at the Vet's RO has had the shortest wait time (14 to 20 months).