VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

? about TDIU

Rate this question

porgee

Question

if SSDI allow you to make 12 grand a year and also the new law in one

state makes anyone getting SSI  get a job in order the get their checks 700. per month

I f I do all my work around my house in  like painting, cutting grass . Than I am 

a no go vet is that correct. I could care less what VA do film me. Their is somethings that

members should be allowed to talk about, maybe adding more forums. If I paint my son house 

for cash money $1000.00 inside work will I tell my Doctors or VA about this.?????? No none of their business

if they don't ask don't tell. Its not about giving bad advice it about true facts its life it happens everyday 

Than I am a dishonest vet. I cook in my yard every weekend and people come by and ask to buy some of my 

food is this dishonest??? . Don't get mad now just asking a ?

the thing is I don't file taxes I have nothing to file I'm off the records on IRS 

15 years of SSDI & TDIU I never had a problem because I have nothing 

to file EIC has to be a child living with you or I think. Sometime I go to Flordia

buy some watermelon come back my friend sell them in my yard You don't have to report

this do you?? Most of my doctors making me or telling me to get out and do something I

that I like besides saying in the bed all day worrying about my pain which will never go 

away all documented in medical records. Now I have to take a list of thing that I DID

since my last appointment that made me feel better, long process I retire at 44 years old

to live in my bed all day taking pills allday. They even suggest I file for increase but I'm

good just leave me alone. I take no pills for pain and don't want any 12 years was enough.

I got a cpap I just cant get use to this thing now they asking for another study I put it on 

I sweat all night and mouth dry as heck and nightmares. Sorry for the rant

Edited by porgee

You do not have to put your VA comp anywhere on your tax forms.  I have never found a place to put it and you do not get a 1099 from the VA for it.  I am not sure about the VA pension.

You DO have to put the 1099SSA from Social Security on your tax forms, unless, you do not meet the $$$ threshold for filing.  And I have no clue what that is.

FWIW,

Hamslice

As for selling watermelons out of the back of your truck, well, they are making (shuting down) kids with lemonade stands get permits, so there is that....

• HadIt.com Elder
15 hours ago, porgee said:

I not trying to tell anyone nothing I ask a question that's all. one more ? on this

Is disability income tax free income or not??. I never knew I had to file disability

income because you are not paying any taxes right?. I have not file taxes in 15 years

H&R BLOCK told me I didn't have to file taxes 15 years ago because I pay no taxes my income 

is disability. Is this correct or not anybody. I have no eic or dependents. Property tax free

tags free, what can I file?. I mean no harm

Yes VA Compensation S.C. Disability is Tax Exempt.

With SSDI you need to file that if you get SSDI (Depends on how much you get if you have to pay in)  After deductions  ect,,ect,,,I think the common limit for SSDI is 12,400  Anything over that is taxable. (it differs from state to state) so check with your state in which you live.

Note:  SSDI = (Social Security Disability Income) = SSR (Social Security Retirement)

if your approaching retirement age  62  if you had a good income before you became disabled and have enough work credits, you may want to check with SSA on your retirement income,  because some times the retirement income is greater than your SSDI..So which ever is more  you should go with that?

you can't get both SSDI  OR SSR  only one of the either  and you still keep your VA Comp. (jmo)

After 15 years you never filed taxes in 15 years...why you asking these questions now?

what happen with your income  did it increase? or do you mean the extra income you make by working and getting cash?

if you report income by working no matter if that is paid to you by cash or check  legally you are suppose to report that.

if you don't report it then that's your business  and just hope they don't catch you or someone reports you working....all that would do is prompt an investigation to the SSDI Administration  & VA Checks these SSDI Records at Random and could cause you a lot of financial  problems.

if your an IU Veteran your putting your compensation at risk by working.

if your a 100% scheduler  compensated veteran  then you are allowed to work but only allowed to earn so much..I think that limit is 14.400 limit. & yes you would need to file your taxes if you work.

but don't take y word for it I am not a tax consultant. 

I would Advise you to check with a tax professional and ask these questions.

JMO

Edited by Buck52

Porgee:   You posted:

I don't file taxes I have nothing to file I'm off the records on IRS 

Apparently, I did not make myself clear, in an earlier post.  

EIC (Earned Income Credit) is a BENEFIT low income people get from IRS.  NO, you dont have to file and ask for it, but you dont get that money if you dont file, just like you dont get VA benefits if you dont file a VA claim.  

You get EIC if you have LOW income, but you dont get any if you have "NO" income.  

EXAMPLE:   

You have 2 choices:  File for EIC when you earn 6000 in a year, or "not file".  

1.    You file a tax return, and claim the 6000 dollars in cash you recieved selling watermelons, cutting grass, or what ever else you make.  IRS sends you a check for $2000.  

2.  You dont file a tax return, because its not "required".  You get zero back from the IRS.  

You decide which of these you want to do.  They dont affect your VA benefits, but you do need to tell the VA about them, if you are getting TDIU in the annual report you file each year.  

However, before you run out and spend your 2000 IRS check, go call SSDI and ask them if it will affect your SSDI if you earn an additional $6000.  

You dont have to do this, but I sure would.  

Edited by broncovet

After talking with h&R ssdi only have to file if you are paying taxes into 

it. EIC you have to  have a w2 form to claim. VA no taxes so that's why I don't 

file. I never said I make 6000.00  year but I hustle I buy & resell fish ,crab legs

fruits, shrimp, rabbits , coons, and clothes and yard sales. my wife AND I. We 

sometimes ttake stuff to the market to sell.

The reason I ask about taxes Tbird & Bronco was saying I have to file taxes

and if I owe 15 years of paying taxes lock me up. Even after my tax preparer

said I don't have too. I was going after them for lying to me. We don't make enough 

to worry about somtime we even lose money buying and reselling good and its not a 

job we do this maybe once a month winter month no that much. Might make 1-200 

not enough to report or that's the way I feel about it thanks for replies