• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Available Subscriptions

Berta

No New AO presumptives?

Question

I have had a bad cold all week and just started checking my emails....this AM a Florida Newspaper stated that VA had decided Not to add anymore AO presumptives.

They gave no link for that statement. Have I missed something?

This came up on a Google Alert I have had for a long time regarding the potential new AO presumptives the VA Secretary would consider.

Has anyone received any definitive news from the VA or any vet org, that there will be no new AO presumptives in the future?

I have made a strong argument to Secretary Shulkin as to getting ischemic stroke on the  future (hopefully) next AO presumptive list  ,which as I understand it will be the last AO list- if it even is a list.

I feel any vet who has a disability that Shulkin might consider to write to him and tell him why their disability should become  presumptive to AO.

Ad

On 1/24/2018 at 8:37 AM, Berta said:

This is the last 'announcement" I am aware of :

https://www.stripes.com/after-18-months-of-study-va-delays-adding-new-agent-orange-illnesses-1.495773

It refers to the NAM ( formerly IOM ) report which I think has been posted here somewhere.

Ischemic stroke is also one of the conditions the Secretary would consider.

I wish they would. I’ve had about 4 of them so far, and probably one in the service, but Exemption 5 of FOIA 5[552 (5)(b)] keeps them from releasing most of my medical records after Vietnam. 

I need a lawyer pronto. Got the reconsideration on the Feb.1st. I have one I am gonna call, but he is on officer in the Army Reserves. Isn’t that clearly a conflict of interest. I don’t want just back benefits, I want damages from a malpractice suit.

the VA said that is the only way I might get a copy of my records withheld. I’m looking for a lawyer that doesn’t work for the VA. One that will seek millions in damages for lying about my records being lost for 45 years. The best in the country.

the VA is full of deceitful liars that need to be called out, and I am now ready.

Any help? Thank You,

victor ray

On 2/11/2018 at 5:32 PM, Buck52 said:

I think these are the latest on A.O. as of 2014 Posted previously by Ms Tbird

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2016/Veterans-and-Agent-Orange-Update-2014.aspx

Unless the Trump Admin makes more previson on this?

I agree with Ms Berta on the on this

''Stroke is also being considered..if a veteran had had an ischemic stroke and also has a AO IHD rating- it is Highly likely the ischemic stroke would have the same environmental etiology as the heart disease did. I have a letter to that effect to send to the Secretary.''

Well,

i can tell you this as of February 1st 2018, my strokes were denied and I have 2 documented after the service documented and possibly one in the service, but they are hiding the evidence per Exemption 5 of FOIA. 

THEY TOOK MY DISABILITY down to regular retirement because I turned 66 also, even though i’m Disabled from strokes. I have the Hospital records in Vietnam showing the immediate results of contact dermatitis which they call Atop dermatitis, and I have the papular rash around the eyes, ears, neck and trunk, with swollen ankles, arms,. I have the symptoms of exposure, but they used the Chloroquine rule to “medically dump” me, which is illegal, but who challenges the Army? 

429CB0FC-4A4E-4E83-95F0-1E7DBD828070.jpeg

B0E09A4D-D1B0-49E4-AD3E-AED16163EF6C.jpeg

I need a lawyer at this point, rather than appeal the reconsideration. I was awarded 10% for GERD, 10% for Tinnitis, 10%  for Sinusitis, which is a total of 10% for the three on top of 70% previously awarded the last 3 years for 80% Total. I need a lawyer because they have every intention of screwing like they always have. 

They intentionally lied about my records being lost. They didn’t make a mistake, or misinform, or misspeak, they plain old lied and deceived, with every intention of me dying before now to expose them. Even Vietnam vets that weren’t involved in firefights have a large section of the PTSD segment or awards, but why? The have infectious disease residuals. Hundreds of thousands are diagnosed with PTSD when it it untreated malaria’s. Most of those young doctors had no idea what malaria was or what to look for. Your kids may inherit defective genes from the infectious diseases, not necessarily  your bad attitudes. I had no reaction to Chloroquine, but they used that to get me medivac’d out. To “dump me” because they were lost with Agent O.

You aren’t gonna get the truth without fighting for it, and don’t trust the lawyer either. They like to settle without a fight, and short change you. 

I need a lawyer myself, but one that won’t sell my claim out.

victor Ray

EFEEBC06-A10B-4B92-B480-E763A7B0B4C8.jpeg

22BF3F4E-2283-4DBA-B135-FB41B1AD19ED.jpeg

D34A0AC5-B503-4201-B5AF-BA36EF457C64.jpeg

On 2/11/2018 at 5:32 PM, Buck52 said:

I think these are the latest on A.O. as of 2014 Posted previously by Ms Tbird

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2016/Veterans-and-Agent-Orange-Update-2014.aspx

Unless the Trump Admin makes more previson on this?

I agree with Ms Berta on the on this

''Stroke is also being considered..if a veteran had had an ischemic stroke and also has a AO IHD rating- it is Highly likely the ischemic stroke would have the same environmental etiology as the heart disease did. I have a letter to that effect to send to the Secretary.''

Buck,

I have had 2 ischemic strokes that are documented, along with CAD, atherosclerosis, and arteriosclerosis, a brain hypodensity 13 x 5 cm with a basal ganglia infarction, a Cerebral cortical infarction, and got a letter a week ago taking me off disability retirement and putting me on regular retirement because I have reach full retirement age. I guess that is the law for everyone?  I’m not any better, but just older, turned 66. 

The longer I live the more I realize just how corrupt the VA is. I thought they had a “good Department”, but I was completely wrong. You can show them a 55 Chevy and they will argue and deny that it is a car and you have no basis for you saying it is and dismissing it. They will claim it is an automobile and cite a hundred articles where it’s called that instead of a car, therefore your claim  of your 55 Chevy is denied, and was never a car, and never produced as a car. 

Thats an ignorant analysis, just exactly like the VA does. 

The Army could not determine the cause of my outbreak of chloracne so they sent me to Japan for more testing to find the cause, and when they couldn’t, they pulled the “Chloroquine Rule” out of their uh, uh, bag of “How to Medically Dump A Patient When YOU Are Over Your Head and Don’t Know WTF to Do Next Book” book. Then after the tests leave numbnuts scratching their heads, they   go ahead and use the ONLY retrodated rule THAT CAN SAVE FACE when you “don’t know WTF to do next” and are over their heads. 

I had no reaction to chloroquine, but was broke out with a papular rash around the eyes and temple, back of neck ears, with swollen ankles, legs, arms, like amyloidosis, urinating blood like kidneys were screwed up, liver and abdominal pain with abnormal liver labs and pain, but “pain” is not a reason for disability the VA told me. The angina and bone pain, and palpitations and erratic heart rates must have been the reason that “over 120 days recovery time” was ordered to get me stabilized. Of course the Army ignored all of that, and put me right to work, skipping the DES and kicking me out for getting exposed to AO.  It’s a dirty job to lie, cheat, mislead, deceive, pervert, and twist the truth, but that’s why we have the VA supervisors, the raters, and VSOs. Somebody’s got to do it, and who’s in a better place than the only people that have the evidence? Nobody. Win + Win for the Army, VA, DoD, and the truth gets buried with the VET.

i guess I am saying that I don’t believe the evidence matters as much as the bonus scumbag raters get. It’s pathetic that the evidence is useless, and the raters are all a POS scum.

1B8B92F6-ED85-419B-9330-1ED85F1E6CDE.jpeg

842A62CD-4AC7-4455-9E6A-6191CC2B1DFE.jpeg

4878188F-2141-43EA-B0F2-DF9639DEE159.jpeg

607A2DB4-D471-41BF-87C0-A30C1E0EE460.jpeg

A5E69AB0-17D2-49CA-A14F-571663F51133.jpeg

FFC544FB-30FF-41A4-AB81-98EFA31C79DE.jpeg

4B978317-A795-4156-BDA8-E5DF050FD3DD.jpeg

07C3B234-7F32-4C33-947B-AB90A6B4A678.jpeg

6769C5B5-3D96-4E80-94E4-1C3E70A6F2C8.jpeg

A7F03379-D4A9-4487-94D1-CFA278741E11.jpeg

4D6CD86C-66ED-4B87-9C3B-8620F4824271.jpeg

D381E71E-9ECF-4783-9C29-76418D1CDEC9.jpeg