VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No New AO presumptives?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have had a bad cold all week and just started checking my emails....this AM a Florida Newspaper stated that VA had decided Not to add anymore AO presumptives.

They gave no link for that statement. Have I missed something?

This came up on a Google Alert I have had for a long time regarding the potential new AO presumptives the VA Secretary would consider.

Has anyone received any definitive news from the VA or any vet org, that there will be no new AO presumptives in the future?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think these are the latest on A.O. as of 2014 Posted previously by Ms Tbird

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2016/Veterans-and-Agent-Orange-Update-2014.aspx

Unless the Trump Admin makes more previson on this?

I agree with Ms Berta on the on this

''Stroke is also being considered..if a veteran had had an ischemic stroke and also has a AO IHD rating- it is Highly likely the ischemic stroke would have the same environmental etiology as the heart disease did. I have a letter to that effect to send to the Secretary.''

• HadIt.com Elder

You know the VA prescribed two high blood pressure meds for me and yet when I go for physical exams they say my BP is just slightly high and I should keep a log to prove I have High Blood.  My pressure is not too high since I just had an increase from VA in my High Blood meds.  It seems they are saying I don't have high blood because I am taking high blood meds.  I already have AO presumptive heart condition (60%) and DMII (20%),   yet the VA fights admitting I have high blood pressure even though I have not claimed it.  If it becomes AO presumptive for high blood you can bet I will claim it because even though it is just 10% maybe high blood can lead to stroke and heart failure over time.    High blood can also ruin your kidneys.    All these conditions interact with each other and the result is you die.  I understand the VA wants to treat us as if we were an assembly of parts but any idiot knows when one system fails they all fail.  VA is using the "Four Corners" defense to stall until all AO vets are safely dead and in their graves.

AO UPDATE 2017, is supposed to be released late 2018 to early 2019.

For those interested, VAWATCHDOG.org had a link regarding the AO Update Release.

Hypertension being determined by the 2017 IOM AO Update as "Limited but Suggestive Association to AO," makes it a real stretch to think it will be added as an AO Presumptive. Even though it's not supposed to, what an addition of an AO Presumptive for Hypertension would cost in Retro and Future Comp $$$$, is sure to be taken into consideration by the Powers that Be.

I have made a strong argument to Secretary Shulkin as to getting ischemic stroke on the  future (hopefully) next AO presumptive list  ,which as I understand it will be the last AO list- if it even is a list.

I feel any vet who has a disability that Shulkin might consider to write to him and tell him why their disability should become  presumptive to AO.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:37 AM, Berta said:

This is the last 'announcement" I am aware of :

https://www.stripes.com/after-18-months-of-study-va-delays-adding-new-agent-orange-illnesses-1.495773

It refers to the NAM ( formerly IOM ) report which I think has been posted here somewhere.

Ischemic stroke is also one of the conditions the Secretary would consider.

I wish they would. I’ve had about 4 of them so far, and probably one in the service, but Exemption 5 of FOIA 5[552 (5)(b)] keeps them from releasing most of my medical records after Vietnam. 

I need a lawyer pronto. Got the reconsideration on the Feb.1st. I have one I am gonna call, but he is on officer in the Army Reserves. Isn’t that clearly a conflict of interest. I don’t want just back benefits, I want damages from a malpractice suit.

the VA said that is the only way I might get a copy of my records withheld. I’m looking for a lawyer that doesn’t work for the VA. One that will seek millions in damages for lying about my records being lost for 45 years. The best in the country.

the VA is full of deceitful liars that need to be called out, and I am now ready.

Any help? Thank You,

victor ray

On 2/11/2018 at 5:32 PM, Buck52 said:

I think these are the latest on A.O. as of 2014 Posted previously by Ms Tbird

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2016/Veterans-and-Agent-Orange-Update-2014.aspx

Unless the Trump Admin makes more previson on this?

I agree with Ms Berta on the on this

''Stroke is also being considered..if a veteran had had an ischemic stroke and also has a AO IHD rating- it is Highly likely the ischemic stroke would have the same environmental etiology as the heart disease did. I have a letter to that effect to send to the Secretary.''

Well,

i can tell you this as of February 1st 2018, my strokes were denied and I have 2 documented after the service documented and possibly one in the service, but they are hiding the evidence per Exemption 5 of FOIA. 

THEY TOOK MY DISABILITY down to regular retirement because I turned 66 also, even though i’m Disabled from strokes. I have the Hospital records in Vietnam showing the immediate results of contact dermatitis which they call Atop dermatitis, and I have the papular rash around the eyes, ears, neck and trunk, with swollen ankles, arms,. I have the symptoms of exposure, but they used the Chloroquine rule to “medically dump” me, which is illegal, but who challenges the Army? 

429CB0FC-4A4E-4E83-95F0-1E7DBD828070.jpeg

B0E09A4D-D1B0-49E4-AD3E-AED16163EF6C.jpeg