VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Accountability Act update

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The Accountability Act of 2017 has brought changes to the VA.

Not enough but it is a great start.

" Removals, Suspensions 15 days or Greater, and Demotions Effective from January 01, 2018 thru January 24, 2018"

https://www.va.gov/accountability/Adverse_Actions_Report.pdf

"Removals, Suspensions 14 days or Greater, and Demotions Effective from January 20, 2017 thru December 31, 2017"

https://www.va.gov/accountability/Adverse_Actions_Report_2017.pdf

My addition shows 1527 removals, 86 demotions, and 451 suspensions over 14 days for employees who have been charged in some way of deficiencies in their employment,from January 1, 2017 to  January 24, 2017.

But there was a recent downside to this:

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2018/01/29/va-employee-accesses-private-veteran-data-termination-caught-selling/

in part:

“Phillip Hill, of Benton, Arkansas, formerly worked as a database manager for the agency in Arkansas. He was caught trying to sell personal data in his possession after termination such as data of veterans, their family members, and VA employees.

Hill attempted to sell the information for $10,000 to a law enforcement informant after he was fired from employment December 6, 2017. Despite the termination, Hill indicated he could still access veterans’ personal information remotely. It is believed he was able to do so using either a computer he kept or a server he may have stolen.”

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Glad they are actually starting to do this...

Correction to :

"My addition shows 1527 removals, 86 demotions, and 451 suspensions over 14 days for employees who have been charged in some way of deficiencies in their employment,from January 1, 2017 to  January 24, 2017."

Geez, I meant from January 1, 2017 to January 24, 2018.

I heard POTUS say last night (SOTU) it was over 1,500  removals - didn't catch the exact figures he said.My math might have been too low, due to th extra week since I got those figures.

Also this might well become  a criteria at some point for ALL federal agencies.

The VA Employee Handbook was updated as soon as the Accountability Act was signed.Their past grievance procedure changed.

"Today VA announced that the department’s Chief of Staff Vivieca Wright Simpson has elected to retire following the release of a VA Inspector General investigation on Wednesday.

VA also announced that it has opened a formal investigation into her actions identified in the IG report.

President Trump has made clear that he expects VA leaders to hold themselves and other employees accountable when they fail to live up to the high standards taxpayers and Veterans deserve."

VA Presss Release today:

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=4011

• HadIt.com Elder

What about the professional Dr's that don't seem to have your better interest at heart? or Health?

I've sat and ask my Phyistrist questions and she seem to just take them with a grain of salt...I ask her about my Anxiety being more frequent and seems to be getting worse and night mares hearing voices while awake ,I mention to her  although I take my medications ,  as to which she has already upped the dosage to these medications at top MG Level for my S.C. condition of Chronic PTSD.

She was typing on the computer and I ask her if she heard me?

she stop typing and just waved her hand and said '' well its just Vietnam'' rolled her eyes  ect,,ect,, that was her answer.

This is not the first time things like this has happen to me and many more Veterans.  its like they get you in their office and ask hows it going  and you try to tell them and they actually are not listening to a word you say.

I've hadit with these VA Dr's  they get paid 100 thousands of dollars a year  and for what? to prescribe medications and seem they don't G.A.F one way or the other if your health gets better.  they still get paid rather you live or Die.

Broncovet is right.

Vets have to complain to the WH, to the VA Secretary, and to the press.

It took VA years to become as broken and deficient as it is... and it will take years to make the VA a viable entity that honors it's own mission statement.

In the 34 years I have dealt with VA ( as a VA volunteer, and as a claimant ,wife and survivor of a veteran, and as an advocate) 

the Accountability Act is the BEST thing yet thyat has happened to us claimants, to all VAMC patients, to their spouses, children,  and survivors, and to all of the Wonderful perople who go to the VA every day to give their best to our nations veterans. I know plenty of hard working dedicated VA employees who have to work often, with incompetent idiots.

It is like I say a lot here- the Watergate  question...

what does VA know and when did they know it.......

What VA does NOT know is the information that only veterans or their survivors can give them -with adequate documentation of how reckless and arbitrary the system can be.