VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Florida people and others in other states

Rate this topic

63charlie, I had the same exact thing happen to me on the same 9lb hammer. My BP went to 220/160 and I went to ER. I ended up researching it and found out that Trulieve had used a Sativa plant to make the 9lb hammer which is supposed to be Indica strain.  I now refuse to use any concentrates, I only buy the vape cups which contain the actual plant. I was wondering when this happened to you, maybe it was the same batch. They are going to end up with someone having a heart attack and dying if they don't manage their product better. I believe the dispensaries in Florida are only interested in selling recreational mmj. The Indica weed is supposed to be the best for pain, anxiety and medical problems. The Sativa seems better fit for party mode. Yet, they don't produce the Indica strains. For example, Trulieve has 9 Sativa strains and only 1 Indica strain in the vape cups and it is more expensive. Time for me to start growing my own. Thank you for your service, hope you can find some relief.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, rflo1 said:

63charlie, I had the same exact thing happen to me on the same 9lb hammer. My BP went to 220/160 and I went to ER. I ended up researching it and found out that Trulieve had used a Sativa plant to make the 9lb hammer which is supposed to be Indica strain.  I now refuse to use any concentrates, I only buy the vape cups which contain the actual plant. I was wondering when this happened to you, maybe it was the same batch. They are going to end up with someone having a heart attack and dying if they don't manage their product better. I believe the dispensaries in Florida are only interested in selling recreational mmj. The Indica weed is supposed to be the best for pain, anxiety and medical problems. The Sativa seems better fit for party mode. Yet, they don't produce the Indica strains. For example, Trulieve has 9 Sativa strains and only 1 Indica strain in the vape cups and it is more expensive. Time for me to start growing my own. Thank you for your service, hope you can find some relief.

Mine too was the 9 lb Hammer concentrate from Trulieve dispensary in Edgewater.

It is actually a Hybrid of Sativa and Indica strains if my bad memory serves me. I may be wrong.

now they are finally selling the bud in Florida. still scared of it after what I went through. I have bad anxiety and not sure if I will benefit using medical cannabis

happened maybe three years ago.

Edited by 63Charlie

Same problem I had with the 9lb Hammer. Since then I only use CBD daily and flower occasionally, seems to help a little. They have the CBD flower in the cups at trulieve, which has very low THC. I only use the flower in the vape cups by breaking them open with pliers. Take a look at this organization for veterans. It looks pretty interesting. Apparently they can test you and then give you a recommendation on what to use for your specific issues. I am going to contact them and see what they say.

https://www.vfc.foundation/

Good Luck and Thank you for your Service!!!