VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long average NOD taking to process?

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I lost Aid and Attendance, the doctor stated that due to my mental health i need assistance and the areas.. The problem is i'm in Vietnam and this was not a doctor familiar with va.. The va sent me to him for C P.. Well he didnt put my service connected depression and anxiety general.. on the axis list.. Anyway he listed Social anxiety instead of general.. The Va denied the claim after getting one of there guys to write a bunch of crap.. I am going back to the doctor monday to have him redo the Aid and Attendance with only usuing my service connected disabilities.  

My question is 18 to 24 months is what i'm told.. Part of me thinks to just file a new claim?  I'm not hurting money wise so to wait a few years would be ok too.. Any advice?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How long had the A & A been in place? Why did you receive the VA Intent to take away the A & A. Was this the result of a C-File" Diary Dated Review?" You indicate that you're 100% SC, is that 100% CSC or IU? Is the Rating T & P No Future Exams Scheduled?

Did you file an immediate NOD within 60 days of the VA Intent to Reduce?     

Could you post a redacted copy of the VA Determination to Reduce. Timely Filed NODs regarding a proposed Reduction are handled differently than a Claim Denial. You'll continue to receive the monthly Comp related to the issue in question and your ROJ will set up an Administrative Hearing within a couple months. If that goes against you, the VA will take back the Comp Overpayments and you'll have to Appeal to the BVA.

Any chance of seeing a redacted copy of the 1st A & A Award and the supportive Dr's A & A Application?

Sorry, somtimes my thoughts are not clear when i type.

I never had A and A, I am trying to get A and A smc L.  The doctore stated that i need help and have help and listed the things i need assistance with but I am living in vietnam and its not a docotor that usually handles these.. He listed non service mental health and listed social instead of general anxiety and the VA denied it because nothing listed was service connected.  I am going back to doctor monday to have him feel it out again only using my service connected disabilites. which depression is a major part and he puts it just not at the top in the axis part.

What is the Date of the Denial?

Are you in contact with a VSO that has your POA?

12 of december 2017 so its only been a few months.. I just left the vietnamese doctor office they sent me to.. I am living in vietnam.. I talked to vso or whatever on phone.. he said just fill out the nod once i get a new dbq.. I had the doctor put just my depression and anxiety and put he correction the form only listing my serivice connected disabilites.. and still says because of my depression is so bad and anxiety i need help with taking care of the place making meals and hygene shopping..  I will be uploading everything soon.. What do you think?

It appears no one has provided a time frame for the length of the NOD/DRO Process. I can share that I appealed my disability claim denial in June 2014 and finally had a DRO hearing in June 2017. 

After checking with the RO, I was told they would be offering C&P exams. However, it has been a couple of months since I was told this and they have not contacted me.

While each case may be different, I can only share what my experience has been thus far.

Best of luck on your appeal shipmate!

Veteran/Former Petty Officer Second Class

• HadIt.com Elder

adkins7b

No I would not file a new claim...its about right time as for as the wait  and could be longer  just wait for your NOD Decision.

I think your the only veteran that I know of living in Vietnam however I knew some that were over there working but still used the USA for their phyiscal address.

It would be interesting to know what they decide if you ever file a A.O. Presumption claim? and your living in Vietnam

I think your the first veteran I heard of living in Vietnam  and nothing against the Vietnamese people  they are hard working people  and since the Vietnam war was over in 1975  I think they have truly cleaned that country up.

As I understand it they can't use it against us as for as where we live to adjuicate a claim,  if there's some CFR's on it  I'd like to know?

But it seems I've read some about this I can't remember?

Good Luck with your A&A Claim.