VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private GERD DBQ Filled Out

Rate this question

Rakkasan

Question

Currently rated 10% for GERD and applied for an increase. Had my primary civilian doctor look over my medical records and asked if she would fill out a DBQ. Luckily she did because I know how some doctors would not. Anyone have any guess on if I could be getting an increase or not? Also, does anyone know if I will be scheduled for a C&P as well? It's no problem if I have to go but I just figured with a DBQ then it could easily be fast tracked without having to schedule a C&P since I had already been service connected. Thanks!

GERD DBQ 1.png

GERD DBQ 2.png

GERD DBQ 3.png

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The claim could move fast. I just had my FDC claim with PTSD increased based on DBQ filled out by the VA without an exam. More then likely you will have to go to the VA for exam, as it is easier for Civilian Docs to fill out DBQs or other paper work, cause they are Fee based, where as the VA Docs are not paid any different. Just to show you, I have really bad Crohns disease, in fact looks like im having stomach surgery this year, and I only get 30% for it, to include GERD and Barrett's Esophagus. Either way good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Yea, I was unsure if I would get another C&P exam because this is actually a reconsideration with new evidence. I just had a C&P exam back in November and the examiner did not acknowledge a lot of the symptoms in the report when I told her so this is why I had my personal doctor write me up one.

Update: Today eBenefits updated to Preparation for Decision. It seems like it has progressed a lot faster than any other claim that I have went through. It seems like I had all my ducks in a row before I submitted the claim so hopefully I will get a rewarded with a favorable rating. Anyone else have a history of reconsideration claims moving this fast? Thanks.

Rakkasan, did you include an IMO or IME with your claim?  I have a DBQ filled out by my Gastroenterologist along with 5 Endoscopy Reports over 11 years, 2 Esophagrams, a Manometry Test, and a Bravo PH monitoring report.  I want to make sure I have every possible base covered prior to submitting.  Thank you