Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ads

• Fundraising-001.jpegFund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran Fundraiser
    Revenues are down, costs are up and I need your help. Financial gifts are always appreciated but never required. If HadIt.com has helped you and you can give back a little it is appreciated Give here https://community.hadit.com/donate/make-donation/

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Our picks

• How to get your questions answered...

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.

Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Examples:

A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.
      • 2 replies
    • Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
  • Advertisemnt

Sign in to follow this  
Rakkasan

Private GERD DBQ Filled Out

Question

Currently rated 10% for GERD and applied for an increase. Had my primary civilian doctor look over my medical records and asked if she would fill out a DBQ. Luckily she did because I know how some doctors would not. Anyone have any guess on if I could be getting an increase or not? Also, does anyone know if I will be scheduled for a C&P as well? It's no problem if I have to go but I just figured with a DBQ then it could easily be fast tracked without having to schedule a C&P since I had already been service connected. Thanks!

GERD DBQ 1.png

GERD DBQ 2.png

GERD DBQ 3.png

The claim could move fast. I just had my FDC claim with PTSD increased based on DBQ filled out by the VA without an exam. More then likely you will have to go to the VA for exam, as it is easier for Civilian Docs to fill out DBQs or other paper work, cause they are Fee based, where as the VA Docs are not paid any different. Just to show you, I have really bad Crohns disease, in fact looks like im having stomach surgery this year, and I only get 30% for it, to include GERD and Barrett's Esophagus. Either way good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Yea, I was unsure if I would get another C&P exam because this is actually a reconsideration with new evidence. I just had a C&P exam back in November and the examiner did not acknowledge a lot of the symptoms in the report when I told her so this is why I had my personal doctor write me up one.

Update: Today eBenefits updated to Preparation for Decision. It seems like it has progressed a lot faster than any other claim that I have went through. It seems like I had all my ducks in a row before I submitted the claim so hopefully I will get a rewarded with a favorable rating. Anyone else have a history of reconsideration claims moving this fast? Thanks.

Just moved to Prep for notification yesterday. Supposed to be completed by today or tomorrow. Crossing fingers!!!

Rakkasan, did you include an IMO or IME with your claim?  I have a DBQ filled out by my Gastroenterologist along with 5 Endoscopy Reports over 11 years, 2 Esophagrams, a Manometry Test, and a Bravo PH monitoring report.  I want to make sure I have every possible base covered prior to submitting.  Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LanceJoseph
      Hello all, A bit about my situation. I was rated TDIU and recently filed for an increase on some issues that the BVA denied. I was increased from 10% to 40% each knee, and 10% to 20% for lower back. This put me in the 100% P&T threshold. I also filed for an increase with my Hiatal Hernia. Below is there reasoning for denying an increase of GERD. They list all but one contention that would need to be met,  but what they fail to understand is I have constant arm/ shoulder/ upper chest pain from an AC separation which I am also service connected for. So when asked my symptoms I would have never guessed besides having upper chest pains that my arms and shoulder would be effected by my GURD considering I had considerable pain there regularly. My question is should I file an NOD or just let it go and not "rock the boat" considering I am at 100 P&T? 

• By JaeT.21
      I have 4 C&P exams this Friday. All for increases. (Migraine, PTSD/depression/anxiety/chronic pain/agoraphobia, bilateral foot pain and knee pain increase [including VA issued knee brace and civilian issued AFO foot brace]).
      Should I have my wife ad adult kids who both witness and suffer from my mood swings, depression, anxiety and antisocial like living on a daily basis? They can also talk about my constant leg pain and migraines.
      I also want my supervisor to do one regarding my migraines that have me leaving work early, alot. But that is a touchy subject, because I don't want me asking him to affect my employment.  Also I hide a lot from them, to keep my job, like  just suffer with headaches and migraines at work. Or fake my way through the day, pretending to want to be around people. 

• By JaeT.21
      Welp, Just found out they closed my claim. Surprise surprise, nothing changed EXCEPT they reduced my GERD from 60% down to 10%! WHY and What the?! So apparently that random C&P without my knowledge played a significant part.

So my questions are the following:
      1. Should I reopen my claims or file an appeal?
      2. How do I go about getting ALL of my C&P claim notes, especially whatever was said from this C&P without my knowledge?
      3. Should I even attempt to ask for the much qualified for increase on other areas of my body, that have gotten worse, or fight this last round of let downs?

I try to explain to everyone when you retire or get out and become a veteran, your own company (the VA) treat you like used tissue. Nobody has any use for used tissue...tossed to the side.
    • By JaeT.21
      I just discovered that a C&P exam was held without me even knowing about it on August 16th. I just happened to see it in my Blue Button VA medical record download today.
      I have submitted a few claims last year. One in May and another in October. The VA combined my claims and back dated them to May 2018. The estimated completion date has jumped around 4 times. In July it jumped to an estimated completion date of 9 May 2019. 
      At the beginning of August it jumped to 22 May 2019.  It's still in the "Evidence gathering, review, and decision" phase.
      Does anybody know why they did a C&P without notifying me?  Does anybody know what this means regarding my increase requests for the following?
      - VA exam for sleep apnea (Increase) -I'm trying to service connect my sleep apnea- I submitted Statements in Support of claim dating back to 2007.
      - VA exam for headaches (Increase)- I've been hospitalized twice in the past year diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. They mimic strokes and can mess you up just like strokes. And exertional headaches.  The worst headaches ever.
      I originally submitted a claim for TIA and stroke and got a 'not service connected'. Got the migraine diagnosis after they denied the claim, after the 2nd "stroke" episode. 

- 4138 and MTR for esophageal (Increase)- Not sure what this is for., but I di have a disc replacement in my neck....and my GERD is the weapon of demons.

• By GeekySquid
      So, as some know I have been having a little war with the VA and my VSO, the American Legion, about getting my DBQ's.
      So today I went to the VSO's office in the VARO building during their "walk in" hours since I could not get them to give me an appointment.
      On the door was as sign saying the office was closed for the week for training and left the 800 number for Washington DC office.
      I knock on the door anyway. Two ladies answer.
      Tell them what I want and that I need them to do it today.
      They invite me into the office.
      I hand them a typed sheet with the Dates and Dr's of my C&P's and a list of documents for each one that I need.
      The first lady says she doesn't know why I am there. The second lady says she will help me. The first lady says show me how we do this.
      Okay
      I tell them again what I want and the 2nd lady says why do you want to file a NOD, I tell her. She says you don't need these files to file an appeal.......The VA already has them. I tell her I need to know exactly what the DBQ says and what the letters to and from VA says. I also need the code sheets as they existed at each point for each approved and denied C&P.
      She tells me no i don't and if I insist on filing a NOD I should just file an HLR.. I told her no, that would not work for this and the HLR results are not typically veteran friendly.
      She then spends 20 minutes more telling me that I need to listen to her because veterans don't know what they want and don't know anything about the VA and how to win their claim.
      She then says "We work for the VA not for you, and the VA knows what it is doing".
      this of course makes me mad and I say to her " I am asking you to get me these files. nothing more. I have heard your opinion and all you need to do is get me copies of these files." She then starts in again trying to convince me not to file.
      I get more insistent and tell her that i heard her but I expect her to do exactly as I requested, nothing more.
      She then says "Well you don't need those files so let me file the NOD" I tell her NO. Resoundingly empathically NO>
      She then tells me I know how to file a NOD. She then remembers I am filing a CUE and says "you shouldn't file a CUE because you will never win and then the VA will be mad at you"......
      Just f'ing wow.
      Then I tell her once again to do what I asked her to do and to stop trying to dissuade me from what I want. I tell her she is wasting her time and mine and that all I want is her to get those documents.
      She then yells to the other woman to get "Bill".  Man comes in and says "those are VA files you don't get to have them".
      I tell him he is wrong and ask who he is. He refuses to answer. I look at woman 2 and say Please tell me your full name so I have a record. She wants to know why. I tell her point blank, that the next time I speak to AL in DC I am going to reference her and what she has said and not done. I then look at "Bill" and ask his name. He tells me 'you don't need to know that". I tell him I do because saying "Bill from AL means nothing to anyone". He snaps back 'I don't work for AL I work for VFW".
      I ask him why he is sticking his nose into an AL situation? He gets mad and leaves.
      She writes down her name, at least I think it is her name, date and time .
      Then says all she is going to do is fill out a FOIA.  At this point I decide to let her do that and get a copy to submit with my complaint to the AL.
       She then asks me what I want. Types that I want my C-file and the files on the attached sheet, prints it, shoves it at me and says to Sign it. I tell her no it is not accurate and ask for a pen and write explicitly what  I want.
      She literally tries to argue with me.
      I tell her to stop arguing and write the FOIA the way I tell her.
      She writes it wrong in her own phrasing and i made her redo it.
      Then I made her add Time is of the essence on the form.
      When she handed it to me. I initialed before and after the typing and drew a line threw the blank space.
      She gasped and asked why I did that. I said "its blank space and anyone could add words to that blank space. She then started to say, and got half way through saying
      'I needed to put more stuff...." and then shut up as she realized she was admitting to falsifying a FOIA over my signature.

I am not sure which is worse, having the people with my POA try and screw me over or having the VA which is supposed to be on my side try and Screw me over.

• Ads

• Our picks

• How to get your questions answered...

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.

Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Examples:

A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.
      • 2 replies
    • Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines