Private GERD DBQ Filled Out

Rakkasan

Question

Currently rated 10% for GERD and applied for an increase. Had my primary civilian doctor look over my medical records and asked if she would fill out a DBQ. Luckily she did because I know how some doctors would not. Anyone have any guess on if I could be getting an increase or not? Also, does anyone know if I will be scheduled for a C&P as well? It's no problem if I have to go but I just figured with a DBQ then it could easily be fast tracked without having to schedule a C&P since I had already been service connected. Thanks!

GERD DBQ 1.png

GERD DBQ 2.png

GERD DBQ 3.png

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The claim could move fast. I just had my FDC claim with PTSD increased based on DBQ filled out by the VA without an exam. More then likely you will have to go to the VA for exam, as it is easier for Civilian Docs to fill out DBQs or other paper work, cause they are Fee based, where as the VA Docs are not paid any different. Just to show you, I have really bad Crohns disease, in fact looks like im having stomach surgery this year, and I only get 30% for it, to include GERD and Barrett's Esophagus. Either way good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Yea, I was unsure if I would get another C&P exam because this is actually a reconsideration with new evidence. I just had a C&P exam back in November and the examiner did not acknowledge a lot of the symptoms in the report when I told her so this is why I had my personal doctor write me up one.

Update: Today eBenefits updated to Preparation for Decision. It seems like it has progressed a lot faster than any other claim that I have went through. It seems like I had all my ducks in a row before I submitted the claim so hopefully I will get a rewarded with a favorable rating. Anyone else have a history of reconsideration claims moving this fast? Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By GBArmy
      I finally won my claim at the BVA for GERD. Took me 4 tries to finally get off the hamster wheel. Well, not exactly; I got low-balled,  so I have to do another supplemental claim. But I finally got the service connection. As we preach all the time here, I'm posting not to gloat or anything. I just want to remind veterans to share your success stories AND, if you can, make a contribution when you win so this great veteran resource can continue. Make no mistake, I couldn't have had the success I had without all the great info and support here at Hadit.
    • By overthere
      Dont know if Im in the right spot, have spent hours trying to figure out how to use this site
      I read "6 reasons to keep pursuing va claims and appeals - AFTER you reach 100%".   Im rated 100% P&T tdui from 'Nam days.   but clicking on it brings  "10 tips to help you keep the c and p exam in perspective".  Is it hidden somewhere else, or not here at all?
      and man, its tough reading and understanding lots of stuff on here.... abbreviations. "secondary" conditions,  one thing caused by another....code numbers, medical/technical names.   there must be a bunch of lists somewhere?  Im a 'regular' type guy, but lots of stuff I have read makes me feel pretty dumb trying to understand things.   and now I cant recall the title of this 'forum' for this question, and I looked back, cant find the name of it anywhere, this site is so confusing.
    • By 1454th Solider
      I want ask if anyone has information or knowledge of a BVA appeal that is out of the 90 day evidence phase, holding up a decision on a claim for an increase on another SC issue? I would like know if I should just wait for the BVA to make it's decision first on the appeal, before I put in for the increase for the separate issue? Forgive me if this is not the right platform for this question. All information is welcome, Thanks.
    • By mb76
      I think that I have enough medical evidence for sizable increase but I don't know for sure or how to word my statement because the medical notes and tests are Greek to me. I don't want to ask my VHA provider to opine. Should I get an IMO? I know that it might be overkill. Or should I get another doc to fill out a DBQ?
    • By MostDaysIhavenoidea
      So I have always just assumed that you find an Independent medical examiner to perform an Independent Medical Exam that renders his Independent Medical Opinion to provider a NEXUS letter; the Nexus letter being the 1.) inciting event on active duty, 2.) official diagnosis of condition and 3.) the Medical Rational/pathology linking 1 to 2 "more likely than not" . 
      The Caluza elements is a brand new term completely but upon my very basic understanding of these elements....are they not the same 3 elements of a nexus letter?
      Also while reading through some of the post it kinda seems like maybe IMEs, IMOs, and Nexus reports are not all the same and so now am pretty sure I'm confused. What are the differences and what holds more value in obtaining for a successful claim?
      Also, is there any value in having both a Nexus letter and a DBQ performed by independent medical examiners? If a nexus letter cost $500 and a DBQ cost $500 and you only have $500..... which one would you buy or would you borrow anther $500 from a friend to get both?
  • Ads

• Our picks

• I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 
      • 20 replies
    • 5,10, 20 Rule
      The 5, 10, 20 year rules...

Five Year Rule) If you have had the same rating for five or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis. All the medical evidence, not just the reexamination report, must support the conclusion that your improvement is more than temporary.

Ten Year Rule) The 10 year rule is after 10 years, the service connection is protected from being dropped.

Twenty Year Rule) If your disability has been continuously rated at or above a certain rating level for 20 or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless it finds the rating was based on fraud. This is a very high standard and it's unlikely the rating would get reduced.

If you are 100% for 20 years (Either 100% schedular or 100% TDIU - Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability or IU), you are automatically Permanent & Total (P&T). And, that after 20 years the total disability (100% or IU) is protected from reduction for the remainder of the person's life. "M-21-1-IX.ii.2.1.j. When a P&T Disability Exists"

At 55, P&T (Permanent & Total) or a few other reasons the VBA will not initiate a review. Here is the graphic below for that. However if the Veteran files a new compensation claim or files for an increase, then it is YOU that initiated to possible review.

NOTE: Until a percentage is in place for 10 years, the service connection can be removed. After that, the service connection is protected.

------

Example for 2020 using the same disability rating

1998 - Initially Service Connected @ 10%

RESULT: Service Connection Protected in 2008

RESULT: 10% Protected from reduction in 2018 (20 years)

2020 - Service Connection Increased @ 30%

RESULT: 30% is Protected from reduction in 2040 (20 years)
        • Thanks
      • 58 replies
    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 18 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

406%
    $6,103.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines