VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about SOC

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

I submitted 5 NODs in May 2016.......got SOC back on only two so far occurring in October 2017.  My question is this unusual to get only two (2) with SOC and the rest nothing to date.   I have requested a DRO Hearing so does the fact I received these two appeals as SOC kick in a Hearing Date for all five (5) appeals?   I was also wondering if the other three (3)  Appeals have not been SOC yet as the other two does that reflect a good sign they're not sure and have not reached a conclusion yet on whether or not to send a SOC or maybe thinking to grant.  Sent in the Form 9 for the two that came with a SOC.

Edited by Wayne TX
to delete

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This is not unusual. The VA may have had enough material to move forward on two of your requests, so they did. The lack of response regarding the remaining three requests cannot be interpreted as good or bad, however, having been down the route you are taking I definitely understand the frustration of not knowing.

There is a difference between requesting a DRO and submitting a Form 9. The DRO is handled at the VARO level, but the Form 9 is at the BVA level.

My DRO request took about two years (based on my VARO workload). I brought everything needed to spoon feed the DRO an airtight winning claim. I showed them how the VA was wrong in their decision, showed proof in my favor, including a strong IMO. It felt good to be able to take to someone directly instead of waiting on the mail. Please keep in mind that every DRO experience is different and results could be mixed. The good thing is that if the DRO denies a claim, then the next step would be to file a Form 9.

About 20+ years ago, I filed a Form 9 to bounce my claims to the BVA a couple of times. Like anything, it took the VA a couple of years. Luckily, they had a traveling board coming to my VARO so I went. Back then, I knew nothing about the system or what it required. My VSO was there to show support in person, but did very little to explain what it actually took to win a claim. They basically said to provide my service treatment records and the VA would handle the rest. Thanks to Hadit, I learned there is a better way. I ended up winning half my claims, but probably could have won all of them if I knew better.

Thanks for your reply Sync...........so another question...........if only two of five Appeals were addressed to date with a SOC denying and a Form 9 was then sent back to perfect (as they say) on those two then just those two now apply as a BVA Hearing versus VARO Hearing right?     Technically, then would the other three NODs until a SOC is actually delivered it still under ARO DRO jurisdiction.....am I reading this assumption correctly ?   Just curious.  Thanks.