VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ID Card for 100% Vet

I have heard that the ID card for 100% disabled vet is called a brown card

I am now a hundred percent disabled vet. I know when I got my VA ID card I had to enter a whole bunch of information.

Is it possible to get a brown card without refiling all that information such as spouse and dependents?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure if they still do it  but years ago when I got my DOD ID Card

My wife and I both got the cards

I took my letter for the card previallege and Award letter and my birth certificate wife birth certificate, our marriage License Driver License 

to an active air base in Ft Worth Tx I for got the name but you can go to any military base and apply for the card.

All they did with us was look at the certifications and made copy's the clerk filed out the form and we signed it , they took our pic and that was it  waited about 30 minutes and they came out with our card then we left.  

They did put DAV PRM/E5 & exchange commissary MWR on the front of the card and its INDEF (only expires when I do)  I think my wife has to renew her card from time to time.

I think all 100% Veterans should get this card  you can show  it to retailers for discounts and get in state parks  discounts. Home Depot gives a 10% discount on top of specials  so does Lowes Home Improvements.

• HadIt.com Elder

btw Congratulation getting to 100%.

No I don't think so but you can get your VA ID Card there (VAMC)

The DOD Card is usually got at a Active Military Post.

As for as I know?

if you can get it at  other locations   some members may know & can chime in.

Edited by Buck52

No Way, DOD Cards are only issued at and by Military Installations including Air Nat Guard  Bases and locations like US Tank Automotive Command.

Be sure if you're trying to get a DOD Card for your wife, you must have the original Marriage Certificate with the Raised State SEAL NO Copies, they check by dragging their thumb across the Seal.

Military installations don't require an Appointment but it's best to call ahead for instructions.