Popular Topics  Tinnitus | Hearing loss | Post-traumatic stress disorder | Lumbosacral or cervical strain | Scars, general | Limitation of flexion, knee | Paralysis of the sciatic nerve | Limitation of motion of the ankle | Diabetes mellitus | Migraine | Limitation of flexion, knee

Ad Free Subscription - Available $5 per month, $50 per year. Ads support the site, but some folks want an option without ads. Subscriptions are available! Thank you for your support.

Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator |6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing Veterans Affairs Disability Claims. Chris Attig - Veterans Law Blog

Popular Forums

Common VA Disabilities

What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC?
The how to's and why for's in the Veterans Affairs process for filing a claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills, and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the Information and support they need dealing with the Veterans Affairs system.

What can I do here?
Utilize our site and forum to research Veterans Affairs Disability Claims procedures benefits.  Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans. Ask your questions here.

I had an appointment at sleep clinic today. This thing makes my lips bleed

and a dry mouth, I was told to use cube ice instead of water and to use Vaseline

on my lips to help with moisture also they are sending me a heated hose. Anyone tried this??

My first machine was from 2012 and the humidifier stopped working. I went to the sleep clinic and they provided a replacement machine. Perhaps you might have the same problem with yours.

I have never heard of using ice cubes, but whatever you put into the humidifier tank, be sure it is from distilled water only. Regular tapwater and many bottled/gallon jugs of over the counter water contain minerals to enhance taste. As the water evaporates, crystals can form and impact the effectiveness of your equipment.

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, porgee said:

I had an appointment at sleep clinic today. This thing makes my lips bleed

and a dry mouth, I was told to use cube ice instead of water and to use Vaseline

on my lips to help with moisture also they are sending me a heated hose. Anyone tried this??

Porgee

check with the sleep clinic  I had the same thing happen to me and bruising on my nose , they gave me a different mask to try and some cloth filters to put around my mouth /nose before slip the mask on...but since I use the nasal pull around that the air just goes into the nose and not mouth  I like those better  I think Vync uses this type too?i forget what they call it?

I never tried the heated hose let us know how it works for you?

They told you to use ice & vaseline?   that's not very sanitary (jmo)

Edited by Buck52

Buck's right. I switched from the full nose/face mask (i.e. bear trap) to one that rests on my nostrils. It is lightweight and feels like I am not wearing anything. No more waking up to find the mask on the floor beside the bed. It might not work for everyone, but it is definitely worth trying all mask options they have.

I have too use a full face mask because of sinus & and mouth open while sleeping

I have tried the nose and just about every mask they have. I been using tap water

when I do use it but the doctor says use only distill  water . Last night I tried the distill ice

in the tank l also put the Vaseline on my lips, lol. and I sleep with the mask all night ,never before.

The thing about the ice u get the distill water and make some ice cubes and the put it

in the tank and I set it at 3.5 no dry mouth nor dry lips it work for me last night. I hope

I have the same tonight

Edited by porgee
  • Like 1

Well as long as it worked  you do whats best for you.

I guess using the ice cubes its a cooler air and more comfortable/ soothing?

I think the distill water don't have chlorine  in it like tap water

I always use distilled water and wash out the hose/nose  pillows every morning let hang dry in my bath room

porgee ,when we get enough sleep we tend to feel better , I do anyway.

but I do wake up about 2 or three times a night still...not counting my n/m's  they wake me up too or spouse wakes me up from hollering my C-pap comes loose or comes out of my nose, I usually fight with it every night adjust it & I use it every night..I had an argument with my sleep Nurse at the VA she checked my hours of use and said I was not using it enough  I ask her if waking up and taking it off for adjustment stalled the use of the machine   she said no..I disagree with that.

However my MH Doc mention that my PTSD Meds have an effect on sleep..so she prescribe me 100mg trazodone  but the meds can give you dry mouth.

But anyway porgee when something works and is better for your health  go for it. you might ask about the micro cloth pads  they got for me to use?

I don't use them anymore since I went to the nasal pillows.