VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC for TDIU PTSD

Rate this question

Zin

Question

I’m new to this thing so please be kind ;) Long story short.
DAV had me apply for PTSD TDIU so we completed a FDC. For some reason he thinks I can get IU. He told me to ask my VA psych if she would write me a letter saying I’m unemployable. When I saw her last week I did everything but ask that question and she never made an offer to do so. I could just tell she would not have done it. I did tell her everything that was happening and she mentioned this as notes in MyHealth.va file. She wrote SI but did not plan anything, appetite is not good, lost 11lbs, not sleeping well, panic attacks at work, irritability/frustration at work, concentration problems, doesn’t feel safe outside, cannot multi task, and my medications either get increased or changed recently.
I basically have most of the symptoms that are stated in the 100% rating. To top things off I’m currently employed and have a Master’s Degree, which is not going to help me at all. My work loves me and would never say anything bad because my job has a high turnover rate.
Over the past few years it has been harder and harder to go to work each day due to my PTSD progressing. I would have quit already, but 70% is not enough for me and my family to live on and 100% is. Over the past 5 years I have had 5 different jobs. I was never fired from them, but could not handle the anxiety or stress they were causing me. My rating date for 70% PTSD was Dec/2015. Over the past 2 years I have missed 35 days of work in 2016 and 76 days in 2017. In 2016 I took FMLA for my PTSD. I was having bad panic attacks at work. In 2017 I was in the VA psych ward for a week and the rest of the time in VA rehab. All of this for PTSD, drug, and alcohol addiction. 
A new FDC for my knees and back was also sent in by my DAV rep because we had new evidence. I’m sure if I get anything it will not be enough to get me to 100%.
My question is do you think I have a chance to get TDIU? I also wonder if you think I will need to do another C&P exam for my knees, back, and PTSD? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work or find any SGE Including Symmetry work  because of your S.C. Conditions. yes file for the tdiu w/P&T

you need to get into Voc Rehab...ask your counselor to write you a letter that its NOT feasible to retrain you at this time due to his S.C. Conditions/Disabilities 

Most VA Dr's won't help with claims. Good Luck with that.

So you may need a Private Dr's IMO. For an increase on your PTSD and possible TDIU

Unfortunately Your education will hurt you but it's not impossible to win your IU Claim

If you CAN work I'd sure do that because once you get IU you can't go back to work,  if you do they will reduce your benefits  but with your education you need to think this out long and hard because  you can make 5 times the amount VA Pays on 100%

if your Already S.C. 70% PTSD, if its got worse file for increase and when /if you do file for any other conditions you may have that you think can be SERVICE CONNECTED.

This will combied your ratings and hopefully bring you up to the 100% plus.

you will need a Dr to opine you can't work due to your SC.Condition's & letter from past employers stating why they had to let you go  ect,,,ect,,

Although the Voc Rehab letter is the Golden ticket for IU.

but think about any other conditions you may have   because these smaller conditions will add up if it's just a 10% rating. & it starts your EED Clock.

S.C. is important to without a rating % because conditions can get worse over the years.

OTHER MEMBERS PLEASE CHIME IN.

• HadIt.com Elder

In 2017 I was in the VA psych ward for a week and the rest of the time in VA rehab. All of this for PTSD, drug, and alcohol addiction. 

USUALLY THEY HOLD FOR 21 DAYS?  But check with your  VA-Rehab counselor for the letter I mention above.

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

In 2017 I was in the VA psych ward for a week and the rest of the time in VA rehab. All of this for PTSD, drug, and alcohol addiction. 

USUALLY THEY HOLD FOR 21 DAYS?  But check with your  VA-Rehab counselor for the letter I mention above.

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have a rehab counselor. I'm currently working (barely). Do you still think they would help with the letter?

• HadIt.com Elder

What was their reason to dismiss you from Rehab?

It don't help that you are working if you apply a claim for IU?

Rehab Letter:

yes  they should be able and willing to write the letter for you to help you get your benefits ....> if you can't do any type of work that would support your family because of this S.C. Disability.

But now if your working  you will 95% be denied I.U.

JMO

• HadIt.com Elder

Check this link out from Hill & Ponton Disability Attorneys. 

https://www.hillandponton.com/unemployability-iu-guide/

44 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Check this link out from Hill & Ponton Disability Attorneys. 

https://www.hillandponton.com/unemployability-iu-guide/

I’ve never used voc rehab before because I have always found employment between jobs, so I’m wondering if I should? That link really explains a lot, thanks