VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred Claim closed without decision

Rate this question

EODCMC

Question

Ideas anyone?

·         Claim #1 Musculoskeletal

o   09/28/2017, Claim Opened

o   01/25/2018, Claim Closed

·         Claim #2 Skin Condition

o   11/02/2017, Claim Opened

o   11/06/2017, Claim Closed (Combined with Claim #1)

·         Decision Letter of Jan 26 2018

o   Denial for Claim #1

o   Claim #2 it states “ A decision on entitlement to compensation for Skin Condition is deferred”

o   I had a QTC C&P exam for this on 02/01/2018

·         From that point on I had no visibility of Claim #2. On e-benefits it indicated closed but I was never given a decision. I visited the VA and they said it was odd and a mistake had been made. They suggested that I submit a 21-4138 requesting they continue the claim. I did this on 02/09/2018

·         The following day it went up on E-benefits as a REOPEN, UNDER REVIEW, Estimated Completion 11/12/2018 – 10/30/2019

It should never have closed to require reopening. It still just sits there with the same estimated timeline. I’ve never had a timeline that went out that far nor sit Under Review this long. Any suggestions?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Wonder if your claim will be like my last one a few years back. When my award letter arrived in the mail, ebenefits still did not indicate my claim was completed.

Yea Vync...I suppose E-ben is better than the alternative, which is a vortex. I wonder if some of these raters get some sort of sadistic pleasure and use the system to drive us batty. Ha...like me! Hmmm...would this be a stressor? 

Edited by EODCMC

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I believe most of them actually are trying to do the right thing for veterans. As for the rest, I assume they are just interested in 5 PM arriving.

I'm trying this again. The following is a simplified order of 4 claims and how the VA has managed to mingle/bungle them up:

- Claim (1) - Squamous and Basil Cell Carcinoma's; Closed with service connection

- Claim (2) - Dermatitis; Closed with service connection

- Claim (3) - Cervical Issues; Closed  denied service connection

- Claim (4) - Actinic Keratosis, Combined with Claim (3); was Deferred on denial of Cervical Issues, and promptly closed without a decision

3 Times I asked to reopen Claim (4) but they reopened Claim (1) !!???!!

I have been working with a VSO the entire time with no luck. I presume they are going to deny an increase for Claim (1). Will this be cause for a CUE? Am I missing anything else?

They might have lumped it into # 1 or # 2- hard to say.

This vet was granted by BVA for both :

https://www.va.gov/vetapp18/files2/1808879.txt

If I were you  would go to the www.v.gov main page, click on Contact Us, then click on Ask a question- and file the inquiry as a complaint, because they owe you a decision.