VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Recently received my rating for ED rated 0 percent but I did not receive SMC for it. Turned down even though I thought it was automatic. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just because you have a "Dead Weapon," what makes you think it's an automatic SMC K Award?  Did the Award Letter state ED Denied or ED SC 0%? If it was SC 0%, dependant on the EED, there should be a Retro Check @ about $104 per month hitting your Direct Deposit Account.

To take the guesswork out of this, how about posting a redacted copy of your Award/Denial Letter. Generally speaking, Retro Awards always hit well in advance of the Award Letters receipt. Has your eBen site updated your SC's recently?

• HadIt.com Elder

If I am understanding your statment correctly?

In the last few years they don't give a S.C. Percent above 0% for E.D.

They service connect it at 0% usually to an already S.C. Condition that can cause the E.D. 

In your case the Medications that you take for an already S.C. Condition.

However your still entitled to about 103/104** per month added into your Present compensation.

As member Gastone mention  you might check your Bank Account you may have been getting the 104.month and never knew it?

Edited by Buck52

JM, one of your eBen Award Information Letters should state if you are now receiving the SMC K Award for the ED/DD condition.

Its possible, or even likely, that your decision maker "did not know" that you need not be 100 percent to get SMC.  Alex correctly pointed out that you can get SMC at less than 100 percent, but not everyone knows that..SMC is misunderstood, even/especially by VA employees.  

Consider filing a NOD disputing the lack of SMC K, which should have been inferred, but apparently was not.