VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

please slow ads!

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

ive used this site for many years and you all have championed the cause for VETS. i applaud you and your service to vets......

as a returning user i see that your site is inundated with ads.

your site has become increasingly hard to use over the years do to your constant change.

please remember this site was for vets to learn not spend. i understand that we all like to make money but your site is becoming saturated people.

• HadIt.com Elder

Porgee

to be honest with you

Your Rude and Negative & maybe you do have some MH issues & that is understandable.

If anyone post the wrong information on here that will be corrected by other veterans with more experience and that gives that person that was wrong get more experience...we all don't know everything and no one is perfect.

Hadit is the # 1. Site on the Internet  to get help with the VA Claims Process.....even you should realize that.

We can agree to disagree with each other and still be civil to each other.  name calling your fellow Veteran is not tolerated here on Hadit.

I suggest you think about what you have said here and cool it.

• Founder

here's the thing about ads, they pay for the site. the forum by itself without the main blog site costs between 130 - 330 per month depending on how many folks are on the site at one time. currently we've been very popular and so we are paying the higher rate. The blog costs, the podcast costs, the news costs, hosting, internet, taxes, subscriptions, software it adds up. so the ads are a necessary for now.

• Founder

@paulcolrain I understand what you are saying and it's always a challenge laying out the ads, the ads pay for the site and as the site grows hosting costs go up. I've set up an ad free option for $5 per month, but that is still out of reach for some of veterans. 

I will work on cutting down the ads. Out of curisioty are the ads that frustrate you on mobile or desktop?  

Im gonna stick up for TBIRD here.  

It costs money to host this site.  ITS not free.  Its similar to gmail or another free email service.  Yea its free, but you have to look at ads.  

Also, remember, you will be getting ads from your browser also...its hard to tell if the ad is from google or hadit, and it may not even matter, because both are ad supported services.  

This simple answer is to pay 5 bucks a month, and Tbird will delete all ads.  That is cheap.  

You cant have your cake and eat it too.  You cant have "free" and "no ads".  I remember regular television.  

I pay a subscription to netflix and if the show is there, then you can sometimes watch it without ads.  Example:  I like Twilight Zone.  Without ads, the 30 minute show is only 24 minutes.  I can also watch Twilight zone on my "free" tv...but it lasts 30 minutes with 6 minutes (or more!) of ads.