VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

please slow ads!

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

ive used this site for many years and you all have championed the cause for VETS. i applaud you and your service to vets......

as a returning user i see that your site is inundated with ads.

your site has become increasingly hard to use over the years do to your constant change.

please remember this site was for vets to learn not spend. i understand that we all like to make money but your site is becoming saturated people.

• Founder

@porgee if you are referring to our earlier posts what I said was "Be honest, don't cheat, don't lie, don't game the system. The system is set up to fulfill the promise made to us and cheating the system cheats us all."

if you took that personal, it wasn't meant that way it's just basic information. if you receive cash and are Unemployable it may not be traceable but if they find out you could be in trouble. 

as a long time user i am able to search through all the content and eventually find what i want. again, i was just posting this Question as looking at it for new vets who do a simple google search. i would suggest that the Text color should be made different that is for this site only because it is getting jumbled between what the ads are saying and the color of the text they use is so very similar the ads become Click Bate and i have the feeling that is very well known. the ability to decipher between ads and the page content is most important to new users. if all the ads where forced to stay to the side of the page content which is a web designers option. then all this would be clearer to new users and continuing vets that have a hard time with memory balance. id like to also add that I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH A VETERANS WEBSITE EARNING A FEW BUCKS TO MAINTAIN SITE OR EVEN TO BUY SOME GAS FOR MEETINGS LIKE WHY NOT...I GOT NO ISSUES ABOUT THE MONEY JUST THE PLACEMENT OF ADS AND THAT THEY BECAME CLUTTERED AND CLICK BATE.

Edited by paulcolrain
adding content

• Founder

@paulocrain Noted. I will look at how to change link colors in the ads or the site links.  Clickbait is not intended, if you feel that is my purpose, I may do a bad job of laying out the page design but I don't intentionally try to trick anyone.

i have already made some changes and will see about the link colors next.

• Founder

@paulcolrain I think I may have found a problem, check out the image below. It is an ad, however see how it sayd HadIt HadIt VA and HadIt.com none of those are mine nor do they link to my site. I have worked with adsense to get these removed and though we had it fixed, but clearly we do not. I will have to troubleshoot this some more to see what can be done. Everyone sees different types of ads so it doesn't always show and i just saw it pop back up tonight, so I am working on that. It's very annoying.

.Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 19.29.06.jpg

Porgee...Just because you do not understand how this works, does not give you an excuse to attack Tbird, who gives her time freely to help Vets.  Here is what you dont understand:

There are 2 kinds of ads:  "popups" and ads on the site.  Yes, you can block popups, to an extent, but remember your browser is "free" so you will have ads there, too.  The ads on the site, Tbird can remove, for a very nominal fee.  You choose:  View the ads or pay the nominal fee.  Using a popup blocker wont block the ads on the site, at best it will block popups, but even that does not always work.   There are 2 ways to pay for this..its not rocket science..you buy a subscription or you watch ads.  This isnt anything new.  Email, for example, is available ad free by paying for a subscription or you can get email free by putting up with the ads.  Here is a company that charges for email, and they explain why, and what you get for your money:  https://runbox.com/why-runbox/why-pay-for-email/

Has your computer ever been infected with a virus?  Often this happens because you click an ad which downloads a trojan horse (or call it a virus, for simplicity).  If you paid for your email, your browser, etc., you can eliminate ads.  Most people opt to see the ads and not pay a subscription fee.  Tbird offers the same thing here.  Did you know facebook earns 85 dollars per year off you? (If you have facebook).  That is the average ad revenue.  She has given you a choice..pay or no pay.  Make your choice, there is no call for insults.   

You have been a beneficiary of Tbirds many hours given to this site for free..with no motive other than helping Vets.  In case you did not know it, web hosting is not free.  There are other expenses, too, but Im not a site owner so I dont know what they all  are. At a minimum, she has to pay for web hosting, has to pay for internet (probably the faster commercial variety), a big computer, as well as pay for anti virus software, and deal with the virus infections even with antivirus software.  Yes, there is also free anti virus software, and you can get a free burglar alarm if you pay for the monthly fee.  

The rest of us volunteers, also, give our time to help Vets.  

Im gonna forgive you..in part because your "out to get your money" attitude, is likely due to SC disorders.  Many Vets, especially those with PTSD/depression/TBI, etc. have the feeling everyone is out to get them.  Tbird doesnt always even pay her expenses on this site.  I hope she does make money at least part of the time, to pay her for her about 20 years of giving her time to this site.  

You are literally "biting the hand that feeds you", because you are a beneficiary of the knowledge on this site, which helped you win benefits.  

Edited by broncovet