VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To "RAMP" or not to "RAMP"

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

As many may know, Congress has passed new legislation which essentially requires VA to cut down on appeal backlog.  This plan is known as "RAMP".  

Currently, only Veterans who ARE INVITED by VA can elect to go with RAMP.  Im not sure it will do much good to write to VA and tell them you want RAMP, tho its POSSIBLE that VA may grant this request.  

A well known law firm has published some credible, and valuable information on RAMP.  If offered a chance to "RAMP" through a VA letter, its probably a good idea to:

1.  Just do it and go for RAMP.

2.  At least read the following before declining ramp, and discuss this with your representative.  

https://cck-law.com/news/news-cck-live-revisiting-ramp/

MY summary:

UNLESS you have a compelling reason, opt "in" for RAMP.  

CCK says you should not do RAMP if any of these would harm your claim:

However, veterans should fully consider that participating in RAMP means:

• not being able to appeal to the Board until at least February 2019.
  • not being able to take their claim directly to the Board of Veterans Appeals.
  • never going back to the legacy appeals process.

Well it could mean anything.  I got home from vacation and had a letter from VA stating that I moved over to ramp, and a letter from then DAV that said all my shit got denied. But it could be because the appeal was closed when they moved it to ramp. Who knows.  Ebenefits is still showing pending decision approval.  I call the DAV tomorrow and see. 

If they denied everything I’m not sure how I freaking even added a DBQ.  I guess we’ll see it keeps moving around but estimated completion is aug 28 to sept 19.  The days keep moving around each day I look. 

6 hours ago, bpweryz said:

Well it could mean anything.  I got home from vacation and had a letter from VA stating that I moved over to ramp, and a letter from then DAV that said all my shit got denied. But it could be because the appeal was closed when they moved it to ramp. Who knows.  Ebenefits is still showing pending decision approval.  I call the DAV tomorrow and see. 

Makes sense. The appeal will close, so DAV will be noticed if they represent you. Looks like they send out notification automatically like computer generated? The VA letter is the solid here, you will soon see a new claim for the RAMP in EB.

Yeah I’m good ol VA fashion I actually closed my appeal in may and switched to RAMP. Amazing how it took them this long to send a letter stating that they closed my claim legacy and switched to RAMP. Then of course the DAV sends me their auto letter stated that everything remain in effect as was previous.  My RAMP is currently pending decision approval with an estimated completion of 8/25 - 9/16. Which weirdly enough has been changing by one day over the last few days (went from 8-23 to 8/25). But whatever it’s moving and should be done soon. Fingers crossed. This could mean 100% finally and if all my shit was together a nice backpay