VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To "RAMP" or not to "RAMP"

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

As many may know, Congress has passed new legislation which essentially requires VA to cut down on appeal backlog.  This plan is known as "RAMP".  

Currently, only Veterans who ARE INVITED by VA can elect to go with RAMP.  Im not sure it will do much good to write to VA and tell them you want RAMP, tho its POSSIBLE that VA may grant this request.  

A well known law firm has published some credible, and valuable information on RAMP.  If offered a chance to "RAMP" through a VA letter, its probably a good idea to:

1.  Just do it and go for RAMP.

2.  At least read the following before declining ramp, and discuss this with your representative.  

https://cck-law.com/news/news-cck-live-revisiting-ramp/

MY summary:

UNLESS you have a compelling reason, opt "in" for RAMP.  

CCK says you should not do RAMP if any of these would harm your claim:

However, veterans should fully consider that participating in RAMP means:

• not being able to appeal to the Board until at least February 2019.
  • not being able to take their claim directly to the Board of Veterans Appeals.
  • never going back to the legacy appeals process.

Invisible disabilities are the worst.  If you have both legs blown off, then people say, "hey, that's really bad, here is a (job, money, help, etc).  

But, when you have PTSD, or, MDD, or hearing loss then people say, "Gee you look fine to me".  

I usually say, "What sign?"  I dont see a sign?  

(I thought they said, "Look at the sign", not look fine.   "F" and "S" are hard to hear.  )  Try going on a job interview and appear intelligent, when you have no idea what they said, and can hardly give a great answer.  

Okay here is the run down with RAMP so far — filed for ramp on May 16th. Bounced around until aug 1st where it settled on Pending Decison Approval with an estimated completion date of 8/25 through 9/16. I went on vacation August 9 and when I returned on 8/13 there were two letter on my counter. 

Letter 1. From the VA stating that my appeal had been closed on May 16th when I was moved over to RAMP (took a little long to get but okay) dated aug 2

Letter 2. From DAV stating that all the things I was appealing remained the same with no change  dated aug 8 ( DAV early decision letter) nothing telling me about RAMP

so I waited a few days thinking that the DAV letter was because the VA sent me the letter closing out my appeals and moving me to RAMP. Well my brain got the best of me and I call the DAV - Pittsburg states that those are my RAMP denials and not from being closed out in the appeal. So I am still waiting on anything from the VA and or ebenefits to change to closed  and give me an answer 

Although I know it doesn’t matter I had some good evidence including DBQs that show I should win the appeals.  I still have this weird feeling that the DAV is wrong and their letter is coving the regular appeal closeout. I just wish they would do something because the minute they close me out and I know that I am denied I am going to file a new claim with my DBQs and win then I will be at 100  I just want to win the appeal because of backpay, but overall I just want to get my 100% and be done with this stupid back and forth  

I filed my husbands ramp form in May the VA can see it arrived and was scanned in on May 10 but hasn’t moved ... nothing it hasn’t been move to ramp and no one can explain it. Multiple calls and inquiries and still no one can explain anything. I guess my next email will be to our congressional rep she’s pretty user friendly.

I'm guessing here, but is this my RAMP Decision "to be communicated"?  Does not say what decision is/was, so I guess I should check another day...😒

If it is, it is only for an earlier effective date of my TDIU.  Still waiting on my other SC issues.

Aug-27-2018-Decision.jpg

It looks like it has finished, you could try to go in through ebenefits and look under disabilities or you could look up the benefits verifocation letter to see if they updated anything there yet