VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone know what life insurance there are for TBI vets

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is there Life insurance our there other then the VA SDVI insurance plan basically covers funeral cost if im lucky for my wife, my recent award was my increase from 70% to 100% for my TBI award letter dated September 22 2017. I met with a financial councilor who said I was eligibile for his listed life insurance companies due to my disabilities but my wife is. I know being just over my one year since my new rating and I honestly had no intentions of dieing so I just shrugged insurance off but I just wanted to know they will be ok if I pass kids and wife. Not sure how DIC works I’ve only been P and T since 11/16 and married since  9/2/11. What’s the criteria and will my kids still be eligible for. Their DEA benefits?

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure what they call it but if your getting the free 10.000 paid life insurance from your TBI I believe this other Insurance policy is Automatic for you with a traumatic disabling injury.

you have up to two years to get this insurance  so you may want to check with the VA Counselors who know more about this.

I checked the VA INFORMATION on this and I can't figure it out?

but I am pretty sure if you get the free 10.000 100% paid life insurance  and your S.C. For a Traumatic Injury such as a TBI  I do believe your automatically covered  but you need to find out for sure .

For us 100% VETS that have been S.C. and P&T we get the free 10.000.00 life insurance but have to file for it within 2 years after our Award of the 100% P&T   and don't qualify for the atomic coverage like the Traumatic Injured Veterans can get.

However We can also pay for extra coverage insurance policies  in the amount of our choice   just need to compare policy  coverage prices with different insurance carriers before agreeing with the VA Insurance policy's

27 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I'm not sure what they call it but if your getting the free 10.000 paid life insurance from your TBI I believe this other Insurance policy is Automatic for you with a traumatic disabling injury.

you have up to two years to get this insurance  so you may want to check with the VA Counselors who know more about this.

I checked the VA INFORMATION on this and I can't figure it out?

but I am pretty sure if you get the free 10.000 100% paid life insurance  and your S.C. For a Traumatic Injury such as a TBI  I do believe your automatically covered  but you need to find out for sure .

For us 100% VETS that have been S.C. and P&T we get the free 10.000.00 life insurance but have to file for it within 2 years after our Award of the 100% P&T   and don't qualify for the atomic coverage like the Traumatic Injured Veterans can get.

However We can also pay for extra coverage insurance policies  in the amount of our choice   just need to compare policy  coverage prices with different insurance carriers before agreeing with the VA Insurance policy's

Glad it’s only going on one year I better get on it I’m confused I was made 100 IU but P and T on Nov 11 2016 but 100 scheduler P and T this last September either way i better calm tomorrow it’s a snow storm here so now I’ll do my research before my doctors appointment on Friday not sure if it’s automatic wife was concerned when here life insurance said I don’t qualify due to my sTBI. Thanks buck

Edited by jfrei

All SC Vets are eligible for up to (3) Separate $10K Whole Life Policies prior to age 65. The Premiums are deducted from the Vet's monthly comp. If the Vet becomes 100% SC T & P, not temporary, or IU T & P, the (1) $10K policy is then FREE and the Payments deducted back to the 100% SC or IU effective Date are refunded.

As to the (2) years from SC Award Date for the any of the (3) $10K policies, I'll defer to the Insurance issue addressed in your last SC Award Letter.

Apparently I applied on the 5th and it’s pending must have forgotten. The man was like condescending when I asked how long does this normally take he said not long at all. I guess I shouldn’t have been sarcastic when I said  yeah just like 6 years waiting for an appeal is quick....sad thing was is i was serious about it being quick I just wanted a guess to how long i wait 

Edited by jfrei

As soon as your App/s is/are Approved, the deductions from your monthly Comp will start, that is if you choose to go with all (3) Policies.

What deductions am I looking at as I am Permanently and totally 100% in the VA and Collect SSdI from SSA?