VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Left Knee Revision arthroplasty Replacement

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

I have a question hope you can help, I'm going to have to have a Left Knee Revision arthroplasty Replacement this is service connected I had the full knee replacement back in December 2016 then I sustained an injury to the same knee resulting in Revision arthroplasty Replacement I just found out today. So question number one is, Will the VA put me back on Temp 100% since they are going to have to replace the left knee again? And how do you word the statement just right in order for the VA to start process this before I go into surgery? 2nd question is that the Doctor seen in the Xrays and MRI's that my right knee has a severe Medial Compartment Osteoarthritis to include severe medial compartment joint space narrowing and severe lateral joint space narrowing and severe anterior joint space narrowing on the Right Knee, The doctor said this is due to me favoring the right knee because of the injury to the left knee. So if this is true how does one write a statement to ask for a secondary claim or maybe a service connected claim due to the injury's to the left knee? 

I still have an open claim for some other issues so my original claim has not been closed as of yet so far e-benefits shows me having 10% for hearing, 10% for High Blood Pressure, 0% for that special (K) award and 20% for the left knee for scars and pain, and 30% for the Total Knee Replacement, but for some reason I'm still getting my original 40% the 30% has not been added in yet unless they are waiting for the claim to close out which they keep extending. My claim started 7/16/2015 and it was pushed up to 01/18/2019 have no ideal why? but anyway before I submit for a temp award again what's the best wording or statement to use without it getting rejected, and also for my right knee as well? I have all documentation to send in but I wanted to see if anyone has a good ideal on how to write out the wording in support of my claim and another Temp award to 100% again.

Thank You

Edited by Rhodesia

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hill and Pontoon does a good job explaining Temp 100 percent ratings, here:

https://www.hillandponton.com/temporary-100-percent-va-disability-ratings/

Im unaware of a restriction which says you can only be awarded ONLY "one" convalescent temp 100 percent rating for surgery. Its not that unusual to have multiple surguries.   If others have experienced this, please chime in.  

Im very interested in the outcome of your TKR.  Did it work out well for you?  

12 hours ago, broncovet said:

Hill and Pontoon does a good job explaining Temp 100 percent ratings, here:

https://www.hillandponton.com/temporary-100-percent-va-disability-ratings/

Im unaware of a restriction which says you can only be awarded ONLY "one" convalescent temp 100 percent rating for surgery. Its not that unusual to have multiple surguries.   If others have experienced this, please chime in.  

Im very interested in the outcome of your TKR.  Did it work out well for you?  

Edited by Rhodesia