VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD increase A&A added

Rate this question

taylor88be8

Question

I have been TDIU P&T for over 6 years well since I medically retired from the Army for PTSD on June,26,2012 (PDRL).  

My current ratings are 70% PTSD. ,30%Migraines  30% Gerd 10% Tinnitus 0% ED  combines total of 90%

I was awarded VA Caregiver from 2012-2014 until my wife left me them I lost Caregiver 

question is if apply for a increase in my 70%PTSD and I have a DBQ signed rom a medical doctor stating “Total Occupational and Social Impairment”  and the same MD filled out the VA Form 21-2680 A&A Form stating I need it.

I’m also on SSDI since 2012 for PTSD as well   

I already have SMC-S and SMC-K

What are my chances for any of this?  

Thanks 

Edited by taylor88be8

In order to offer advice, I depend on the individual seeking it to provide the situation, the narrative(s)and the Confirmed rating decision. If a Vet gives me or any of us less than enough intel to figure  it out, then we are forced to theorize. Actually, I misunderstood the initial Caregiver's Stipend through the VHA program. After going back and rereading my initial post to you, sir. I apologize. You are not getting SMC T but were actually getting SMC S with a K. I'm pleased to hear you advanced to L 1/2 as you will need that income if you need the Aid and Assistance of another. You will not lose the funding for the A&A-ever. If you were to lose the use of either the upper or lower extremities, you would be additionally entitled to R1. The point I did try to stress before, and which is still valid, is that your rating would drop back down to SMC O if you were ever institutionalized as an inpatient. The VA will not pay you for a higher level of A&A and the hospital bills for being institutionalized. I pray you never are.

SMC T is reserved for those who suffered extreme TBI-after 9/11/2001. By rights, those folks are dang near vegetables and require a far higher level of A&A at the R2/T rate. It is reserved for the absolutely most disabled. It's rarely awarded. I've only done one R2 since I began.

The VHA Caregiver program is a three-step rate with the highest tier about $2000-2100. Unlike SMC T or R2, This program pays the caregiver the stipend directly. I wish you had mentioned that at the beginning so as to give us more information.  While I'm apologetic about my advice, I'm certainly glad my misinformation did not harm you. You seem to be extremely well-informed or have studied this a bit.