VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD increase A&A added

Rate this question

taylor88be8

Question

I have been TDIU P&T for over 6 years well since I medically retired from the Army for PTSD on June,26,2012 (PDRL).  

My current ratings are 70% PTSD. ,30%Migraines  30% Gerd 10% Tinnitus 0% ED  combines total of 90%

I was awarded VA Caregiver from 2012-2014 until my wife left me them I lost Caregiver 

question is if apply for a increase in my 70%PTSD and I have a DBQ signed rom a medical doctor stating “Total Occupational and Social Impairment”  and the same MD filled out the VA Form 21-2680 A&A Form stating I need it.

I’m also on SSDI since 2012 for PTSD as well   

I already have SMC-S and SMC-K

What are my chances for any of this?  

Thanks 

Edited by taylor88be8

• HadIt.com Elder

Taylor88be88

If you are 100% or IU there's actually no difference in benefits at that point once a Veteran reaches the 100% level any other S.C. Conditions will be considered to meet the criteria for SMC Depending on the severity of his/her S.C. Disabilities.

IMO,  a 100% or IU  Veteran should file on any condition that he thinks should be S.C. if he feels up to dealing with the VA?

it could quite possibly be a good thing later on down the road.

Two main reasons why

1. To be service connected incase this condition worsens and takes the life of the veteran for DIC Purposes his spouse will get some help.

2. In case the Veteran gets a proposal  reduction letter JUST OUT OF THE BLUE on his present S.C. Conditions  having extra S.C. Conditions will help him not go below the 100%

I am guilty of not filing more claims that I could get .S.C. but I am just getting to old to be dealing with the VA and the stress.

One reason I believe you should file for 100% disability is that the government has already once stated that they might reduce TDIU veterans once they reach retirement age.  This did not happen but it may rear it's ugly head again.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with what Buck is saying about filing even if you are 100% or TDIU.  I got an extra 60% after I was TDIU and then got HB which meant another $300 a month.  It is really not chicken feed since it is tax free money.  I now make about as much in tax free money as I did when I retired from the USPS with a taxable income.

How about posting a redacted copy of your Dr's A & A Questionnaire? With the SC's you list above, I don't see how you qualified for SMC S or S (1). Your IU is based solely on your 70% PTSD, correct?

What makes you think the PTSD rates a bump to 100%? There's always a possibility of a Reduction.

10 hours ago, Gastone said:

How about posting a redacted copy of your Dr's A & A Questionnaire? With the SC's you list above, I don't see how you qualified for SMC S or S (1). Your IU is based solely on your 70% PTSD, correct?

What makes you think the PTSD rates a bump to 100%? There's always a possibility of a Reduction.

I’ll let you know how I qualified.   My PTSD 70% TDIU P&T since I was put on IU P&T based off the PTSD they consider that a 100% Rating for SMC-S purposes the other 60% came Migraines 30%.    Gerd 30%. Tinnitus 10%.  There is my rounded up to 60% combined to satisfy the SMC-S Housesbound Statutory.   

Maybe you misread it, or you don’t know how there are 2 ways to get SMC-S  and being on unemployability