VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosis - What does this mean

Rate this topic

I really need to understand this. This is a listing from one of my C&P Exams

I don't know how this is going to work. I can't get copy and paste to work to put stuff on this message. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am hoping the attached file will show what I want but I would much rather copy and paste and see it myself as I am trying to write the message.

-------

Added text from pdf

"DIAGNOSES"
"Axis I:  Chronic Adjusbment Disorder with Mixed Emotio al Features, chronic and""moderate"
"Axis II: "Deferred"Axis III:""Degenerative Disc disease of the spine Migr ine headaches"
"Hypertension Dyslipidemia Sinusitis Tinea Unguium Onychomycosis Renal Calculi GERD"
"Axis IV:  Unemployment; disability resulting from medical problems; pain resulting from medical conditions ."
"Axis V:  Global Assessment of Functioning (Current):  55

CAPACITY TO MANAGE FINANCIAi;, AFFAIRS"
"The veteran is capable- of managing his financial affairs."

2018-03-26 VA AXIS III for post.pdf

Edited by Tbird
added text from pdf

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this actually sounds like a in service exam, not a c and p exam.  "Chronic Adjustment disorder" is a term the military likes to use so the VA can deny.  

You need to fix this, unless there is other medical evidence which has already done so.  

Of course, you still need these 3 things for service connection, and what you posted does not document "any" of those.  

1.  Current diagnosis.  "Chronic adjustment disorder" won't win benefits.  You need a diagnosis of "depression", "PTSD", or bipollar disorder etc.  Check your records and see if you alrady have said diagnosis, as you wont be getting benefits with the evidence in this exam.  IT'S BAD.  

2.  In service event or aggravation.  

3.  Nexus, or docs opinion that your "diagnosis" is at least as likely as not due to xy event in service.   

Adjustment disorder is used to show that you have not adjusted to civilian life and it is your fault.  Check your service medical records and see if they diagnosed you with something or anything else while you were still in service.  If adjustment disorder was diagnosed while in service that is also bad.  How many years were you in and did you see combat and what was the character of your discharge?

"Adjustment disorder" is a "code" from the "Department of the Unfair Insurance company" that they "wont pay".  

You need a real doc; you can try another VA doc, or you will need an IMO/IME.  

Thanks, Tbird for moving this to it's own topic.

This got started because I have GERD listed in my medical records. The VA prescribes me Meloxicam for arthritis. This is causing the GERD. The VA prescribes me Omeprazole for the GERD. The question is can an issue such as this that is controlled get one any disability rating? I hope that makes since. 

Okay, broncovet and vetquest, you two seem to have taken, what appears to me, a rather wild tangent. The adjustment disorder is a Secondary Condition due to Chronic Pain that is Service Connected. I really didn't have any trouble getting it. I was seeing a phycologist for pain coping that stated I had some depression. When I went to the C&P Exam I don't remember it lasting long at all. The doctor asked me a couple of questions and he is nodding and agreeing with me. We talked about some of the crappy health care and I mentioned the Durham, NC Pain Clinic and the doctor says don't get me started on them. If you had those problems I am sorry to hear that.

My discharge was Honorable.

The first attached file is from a C&P Exam in 2009.

The second attached file is from a C&P Exam in 2013.

The third attached file is about my ratings.

Thanks

2018-03-26 VA AXIS III From C&P Exam 2009-07-24 for Hadit.pdf

2018-03-26 VA AXIS III From C&P Exam 2013-07-22 for Hadit.pdf

VA Ratings History.rtf

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use