• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
kanewnut

Diagnosis - What does this mean

I really need to understand this. This is a listing from one of my C&P Exams

I don't know how this is going to work. I can't get copy and paste to work to put stuff on this message. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am hoping the attached file will show what I want but I would much rather copy and paste and see it myself as I am trying to write the message.

-------

Added text from pdf

"DIAGNOSES"
"Axis I:  Chronic Adjusbment Disorder with Mixed Emotio al Features, chronic and""moderate"
"Axis II: "Deferred"Axis III:""Degenerative Disc disease of the spine Migr ine headaches"
"Hypertension Dyslipidemia Sinusitis Tinea Unguium Onychomycosis Renal Calculi GERD"
"Axis IV:  Unemployment; disability resulting from medical problems; pain resulting from medical conditions ."
"Axis V:  Global Assessment of Functioning (Current):  55

CAPACITY TO MANAGE FINANCIAi;, AFFAIRS"
"The veteran is capable- of managing his financial affairs."

2018-03-26 VA AXIS III for post.pdf

Edited by Tbird
added text from pdf

moved your post to it's own topic

Ok, this actually sounds like a in service exam, not a c and p exam.  "Chronic Adjustment disorder" is a term the military likes to use so the VA can deny.  

You need to fix this, unless there is other medical evidence which has already done so.  

Of course, you still need these 3 things for service connection, and what you posted does not document "any" of those.  

1.  Current diagnosis.  "Chronic adjustment disorder" won't win benefits.  You need a diagnosis of "depression", "PTSD", or bipollar disorder etc.  Check your records and see if you alrady have said diagnosis, as you wont be getting benefits with the evidence in this exam.  IT'S BAD.  

2.  In service event or aggravation.  

3.  Nexus, or docs opinion that your "diagnosis" is at least as likely as not due to xy event in service.   

Adjustment disorder is used to show that you have not adjusted to civilian life and it is your fault.  Check your service medical records and see if they diagnosed you with something or anything else while you were still in service.  If adjustment disorder was diagnosed while in service that is also bad.  How many years were you in and did you see combat and what was the character of your discharge?

"Adjustment disorder" is a "code" from the "Department of the Unfair Insurance company" that they "wont pay".  

You need a real doc; you can try another VA doc, or you will need an IMO/IME.