VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Vets (in appeals) can now do RAMP

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

On 4/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, Buck52 said:

stumpy579,

I believe when the RAMP Program first came out  it was by invitation only,  however I think they change that and it's an option for any veteran to get with that program now that is in Appeals as of

April 1st 2018

I don't have any research evidence on this  so I could be wrong ,but I seem to recall I read that in a VA News Release Email I am subscribe to.

https://cck-law.com/news/rapid-appeals-modernization-program-ramp-open-to-all-veterans-april-

I called VA today and asked if i could move my appeal to RAMP and was told it is by invitation only until 2/19. I referred the lady to the press release on the VA website which states all are eligible with no invitation needed. She read the press release and put me on hold and came back and told me all will be eligible with no invite after 2/19. Until then they are sending out invitations once per month and they are going by NOD date oldest to newest. She said invites for this month have been sent out. My NOD is 8/16 and i have not received one. Has anyone been able to opt in without an invitation? Anyone recently received an invitation care to share NOD date? I asked her if they are using date of current status instead of NOD date(which i suspect) and she said no. I remember someone saying they got an invite with NOD date of 11/16 which is later than mine.

Tatoo this on your arm if you need to remember it:

You can not believe everything every VA employee or VSO tells you.  

If unsure, read that again.  

If you want to opt into ramp, send in the form.  Its on the VA website that you no longer need an invitation.  

OR, you can ignore the quote above and beleive each and every VA employee and every VSO, no matter if they are intoxicated, or have no idea what they are doing.  (That is normal for VA).  

It is on the VA's website. I guess my letter is an example of their improved communications since the letter came from Wisconsin.

Could also explain why they had so few veterans opt in.

I'm not surprised.

47 minutes ago, stumpy579 said:

I called VA today and asked if i could move my appeal to RAMP and was told it is by invitation only until 2/19. I referred the lady to the press release on the VA website which states all are eligible with no invitation needed. She read the press release and put me on hold and came back and told me all will be eligible with no invite after 2/19. Until then they are sending out invitations once per month and they are going by NOD date oldest to newest. She said invites for this month have been sent out. My NOD is 8/16 and i have not received one. Has anyone been able to opt in without an invitation? Anyone recently received an invitation care to share NOD date? I asked her if they are using date of current status instead of NOD date(which i suspect) and she said no. I remember someone saying they got an invite with NOD date of 11/16 which is later than mine.

Mine was November 2016  I was denied initially December 2015. I just received an invitation but now i'm all confused. The form I received was already filled out with a bar code and must be used as a cover letter.

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

Tatoo this on your arm if you need to remember it:

If unsure, read that again.  

If you want to opt into ramp, send in the form.  Its on the VA website that you no longer need an invitation.  

OR, you can ignore the quote above and beleive each and every VA employee and every VSO, no matter if they are intoxicated, or have no idea what they are doing.  (That is normal for VA).  

Yep, that is a fact!

I spoke with my VSO today regarding moving my NOD to RAMP. Everything is all fine and dandy when we get off the phone. Five minutes later I get another phone call from him. My NOD that I filed had been 'resolved' not in my favor. 

When I FINALLY get down to 'brass tacks' with the VSO, I find out the reason for denial is because there was not a SOC filed with the Form 9 and supporting docs. To me, it was all 'cut and dry' ... but to the folks at the VA, I have to 'spoon feed' as if it was the 'first' time they have seen my claim!

So I crafted my SOC to 'connect the dots' ... and added some other 'choice' interpretations of the 'system', since I figured I would have 'high level' eyes on a 38 year old claim ... 😎

Where we go one, we go all!

The VA has sent me correspondence, asking me if I wanted to try the new appeals program. However, I filed my NOD 6/2014 and had my DRO hearing almost a year ago. I see no benefit in trying the new program when the RO should be making a decision on my appeal at any time.

Why the VA doesn't already speed up the appeals process without a new program, I don't know. Did Congress give them more money to hire more DRO's? If not, all the new programs in the world won't make things any faster.

Just my two cents.