VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Vets (in appeals) can now do RAMP

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

In other places, the VA has said that Vets who opt in to Ramp will be given priority at the BVA docket, so its even possible or likely that opting in to ramp could get you to the BVA earlier, also, as your Ramp would propel you above all the other "non Ramp" vets awaiting for BVA.  

Frankly, I dont see a lot of downside to opting in to RAMP, other than you will be forging ahead in the unknown.  

BUT:  Several attorney's have advised their clients "not" to opt in to RAMP, tho I actually can not understand why, except that opting into RAMP is "one way" (you cant opt out once you are in). 

I get that.  If you are towing a trailer, going down a road that you know you cant turn around in is scary.  

• HadIt.com Elder

stumpy579,

I believe when the RAMP Program first came out  it was by invitation only,  however I think they change that and it's an option for any veteran to get with that program now that is in Appeals as of

April 1st 2018

I don't have any research evidence on this  so I could be wrong ,but I seem to recall I read that in a VA News Release Email I am subscribe to.

https://cck-law.com/news/rapid-appeals-modernization-program-ramp-open-to-all-veterans-april-

Edited by Buck52

I opted in (without invitation) and vets.gov has my RAMP initiation.  My legacy appeal closed (now that it's in RAMP). 

Supplemental lane is the route I chose. I will post updates when available.