VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Vets (in appeals) can now do RAMP

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

On 4/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, Wayne TX said:

If  you have say multiple NODs just recently denied........there's one you really feel strong about and need that one to qualify for TDIU consideration..........can you just file for that one individually and let the rest (smaller percentages) just play out by filing  a Form 9 under current BVA Hearing process backlog   In other words, where multiple denials are involved can you choose what denials to opt into RAMP or do they all have to be done together under Form 9 and not be separated?

The opt in letter I received made it very clear, if you opt in it covers all issues not just one issue... 

• HadIt.com Elder

RAMP Program has yet to be be tested out  it will take some time, as I understand it even tho they work all NOD's if one is approved they go ahead and adjuicate that NOD Claim and not wait until all NOD's are finalized per veteran and go to the next NOD per Veteran,  other wise this program will not work...NOD's use to be a first come first served basis, but that is changing,  the VA is trying to work the NOD's with this NEW RAMP Program to help the veterans get their benefits faster, EVEN  if its just one NOD claim  at a time.  THEY WILL STILL WORK ALL THE VETERANS NOD's but getting the Veteran His/Her Benefits faster is the purpose of the RAMP Program

Also if  Veteran opts to the RAMP Program and feels its only a waist of time or to slow  for what ever reason they are not satisfied with the RAMP Program they can opt out and go back in the traditional claims process. AND JUST WAIT

this RAMP Program is ALL NEW and we all have to be patient.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

As for as  thinking their going to do the RAMP Program first that Veterans opt in to  to be first in line at the BVA   is not correct they may take  the RAMP Vet to the BVA but its a set aside type BVA for the RAMP Program   they still have the Traditional Claims process for Veterans in line to the BVA. once a Docket # is given

It truly depends on how long you been waiting and anyone's guess how long either will take...if one veteran opts to the New RAMP Program  vs a Veteran in line on the traditional claims process waiting on the BVA  and the RAMP PROGRAM IS MORE SUCCESSFUL ....Well  this is just going to have to play out   if the RAMP Program is showing to be a faster way to get his appeals approved  then maybe the RAMP Program is the way to go  vs the traditional claims process.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

One other major factor to consider  Every Veterans claim is different and some will be decided faster than others...just depends on the Adjudication part of the claim. getting to the BVA is no guarantee that claim will be approved.  choosing the RAMP  Program or The Traditional Process.

RAMP is still out on trial bases.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:32 PM, broncovet said:

According to the CCK law firm's website, as of April 1, 2018, any Vet in appeals can now opt in for RAMP.  

https://cck-law.com/news/rapid-appeals-modernization-program-ramp-open-to-all-veterans-april-

Thanks, new hadit member,  Jroocan, for this heads up!!!

I just received my 'Opt-in' for RAMP, figured you guys would be on it ... 

I got my IU in Feb of this year, but they separated my 'Early Effective Date'. I FINALLY got my CFile and can unequivocally show a CUE on my ED. My VSO advised to file a NOD with regional. I saw today that my claim had updated:

"VA has received your Form 9 and will begin completing final actions regarding your appeal before it is sent to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals."

I have no clue why the VA split out the effective date of my claim from my original claim. But now that I am here I am willing to be a 'lab rat' for the VA and get this claim finally settled! I will be talking to my VSO about this in the morning.