VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Release Poa

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not all SO's will accept a Veteran who has fired the prior SO. A Competent SO can help you fire the old one and arraange the paperwork. Be sure and keep copies.

Thanks Pete for answering both my questions.

He currently has AL, and a while back when he tried to talk to the DAV, they would not even talk to him as long as he had the AL as his representative. So, how would you get someone to give you the time on day? When he ask his AL guy questions, he just responds to whatever ones he wants to answer. We don't no if he should nod his decision which we have 4 months to do.

Thanks,

sbrewer

• In Memoriam

From my experience: I can tell you that if you have a BVA hearing scheduled, and you want representation, don't cancel POA of VSO. Once you get a BVA Hearing or video-conference hearing, new VSO's will not pick you up. Even if you request 1 month prior to BVA hearing. They will tell you that they might be there, but will not.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's right. I was in the appeals process and I wanted to change from DAV to VFW and the VFW would not accept me as a client. I guess they don't poach each other's claims after the initial damage is done. My DAV POA was a dog. I ended up just doing it myself and using the DAV as a mail drop. MY DAV SO went out of his way to discourage me from appealing or asking for IU even when I had a 70% rating.

For SBREWER; File a VA form 21-22 with th eVA, old SO and prospective SO organization. However, if you can find someone who's been thru this quamire with th eVA to help you don't worry about filing a form, just listen to th efolks on here and if you can find someone local even beter.

It does not need to be a SO at all, just someone who knows USC Title 38, DSM IV and so forth. Most of the research you can do on your own, it's not really that hard. Getting the VA rater, now that's a snake of a different color if they're lazy.

If you want the materials to do your own research e-mail me and I'll shoot them from my office Monday.

thomas.mccann@state.tn.us