VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim keeps changing

Rate this question

Frank60

Question

I submitted clain for increas fir back. Two days ago it stated pending decision approval. Then it went to notifaction an a date 4/07 to 4/12 today it changed back to preparing for DECISION. Who do i contact to see what is going on now date 4/23 to 5/19..they have eveything there is nothing ekse needed only a decision. I filled 10/06 / 2018 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

This is one of the problems with VA.  Often, we dont really have a reliable way to check on our claim status.  

It sounds like you have been checking ebenefits every few days.  This is why many Vets advocates do not recommend this.  Tatoo this on your arm if you need to remember it:

Ebenefits, especially the claim status, is unreliable.  

Like the rest of us, you need to wait for the envelope and not fret over ebenefits, since its likely wrong anyway.  My ebenefits said my claim was "closed" for six months, and now its back again.  

Its okay to check with ebenefits if you understand that your next door neighbor with a dart board that says

"Claim denied" , "claim delayed", or "claim approved", is just as accurate.  

You can "try" contacting your VSO, but most of those dont return your phone calls once they have your POA.